mlapaglia

Mixing Vinegaroon Old And New

I have a pint of vinegaroon that is a little over a year old and has turned from a tea color to a rust color. Still works great. I also have a quart of new vinegaroon. Any reason I can not mix them together?

Just trying to save a little space.

Michael

shouldn't hurt to mix them.

I had the same issue. turned out there was still some sediment in the bottom of the jug. Filtered it a couple of times and got rid of the junk / floaties.... It was a result of using 5% vinegar instead of the good stuff making my groon batch....

So whats the "good stuff" I thought white vinegar was all the same

I move my groon over to a smaller container for use. I make it now in an old gallon vinegar jug, but make 1/2 to 3/4 gallon at a time. Then pour some out when I need it. I generally let it set a couple days after mixing to let anything in there settle out. The only difference I have noticed is that it works better with the fresh groon in there normally. After a couple additions I'll usually use it down really low then clean the jar out. Just to get rid of some of the gunk that builds up.