the gafer

Press Studs/snaps

Hi all I have put some press studs/snaps on a pouch I have made the leather is 3mm veg tan but I have had to skive and thin the leather for them to fit and it looks sloppy the shaft just dunt go all the way through can anyone tell me what size I would be needing the caps are 12mm but shaft are tiney this is my 1st time using them so any help would be grate and taken on board many thanks kev

Kev, without pictures its gonna be hard to tell you anything of value.

I carnt post pics on my touch pad my lap top won't load this site for some reason

It sounds like uou are using a Line 20 snap, which is too small for that weight of leather. You need a line 24 whic will have a longer shaft and a larger cap.

Are you skiving the entire thickness of the leather, or just around the hole where you are fixing the stud? Also, where are you getting your studs?

I have put some press studs/snaps

You have to be specific as to what you are using.

Round the hole is where I skived buddy I am using the wrong size with the looks of things I got a set off ebay

Tree reaper the msg you sent me I deleated by mestake pal and only saw it as I pressed de leat so could you send me a pm mate