Solofalcon

Paddle Holster For A Ruger .45 Auto

I don't know to much about holsters,but it looks good to me. Welcome to LW always glad to see someone new, your work looks really good. Did you hand sew or machine?

Thank you. Everything of mine is hand stitched.

when you say paddle holster, do you mean pancake....""??

I must have been tired that day. Yes I meant pancake style holster. Good call, thank you. As far as the design, I have looked at other holsters for inspiration, but yes this is a design I created specifically for this gun. After tracing the outline of the gun on paper, I know roughly how I want it to look and start sketching the rest of the design out.

The main thing I saw missing was the sweat shield. There are too many rough edges, sharp corners, etc. on most semi-autos to not have a sweat sheild to protect the old body from rubbing and chafing.

I'm not fat by anyone's standards, . . . but I have just enough of a "roll" that your holster would chafe my side, . . .

Otherwise it looks good.

May God bless,

Dwight

Looks like the cant is beyond 20° ...I have found that a cant angle up in the twenties is fine for short barreled autos but not so much on the longer length shooters. I just finished a prototype for an XDM 4.5" at 25° and it makes the draw awkward, as the pistol must move forward more than up at first. I won't be making a second one.

What color did you use?

Looks like the cant is beyond 20° ...I have found that a cant angle up in the twenties is fine for short barreled autos but not so much on the longer length shooters. I just finished a prototype for an XDM 4.5" at 25° and it makes the draw awkward, as the pistol must move forward more than up at first. I won't be making a second one.

I agree with Jake 100% on this. Less than 20° for sure, I like to start my duty sized patterns at 15°. I really dislike the "dislocate your shoulder" awkwardness of the extreme canted holster.