JJs Leatherworks

First Custom Guitar Strap

For those of you on chat a couple evenings ago, as promised here are a couple pics of my current 'in the works' project of my first custom guitar strap.

post-36862-0-49567800-1358205551_thumb.jpost-36862-0-41692100-1358205559_thumb.jpost-36862-0-07728500-1358205566_thumb.j

Will add updates as work progresses. Background will be 'saddle tan' antiqued, star and barb wire concho between name and brand, buckle end on back guitar attachment, will also be lined with thin sheepskin by request.

JJ

Sorry, got two front pictures and no back.

post-36862-0-67085800-1358205862_thumb.j

JJ

looks good JJ

Looks good buddy that's on my to do list I need a good hand made one for my guitatar

Looks like a great start. Is this for you or a client/friend?

Nice job, really nice. Can't wait to see it finished. Cheryl

Chancey - This is an actual 'order' for a client. Although our families have known each other forever (I grew up with his dad and uncle, my dad and his grandmother taught school together) Brett is an up and coming country singer in this neck of the woods. He was the entertainment at our rodeo kickoff cabaret last year and saw the sponsor belts I had made and decided he wanted a new guitar strap made with the same color and format. To honor his heritage, he wanted his paternal grandfather's cattle brand, his dad's brand and his maternal grandfather's brand incorporated into the pattern - the three brands on the back side. His brand is the one above his name.

Cheryl - thanks. Hoping to have it out the door yet this week