Have not been sharing much lately, so here's one. Just finished my first exotic holster. It's an OWB for the Colt 1903 with elephant skin coverage. It's 8 oz. Wickett and Craig russet saddle skirting dyed with Fiebing's Pro Oil Mahogany. I think the color of the elephant is what's called "Nicotine." It's mostly black with a subdued rusty color in the nooks and crannies. Finish is a couple of good dips in 50/50 Angelus 600. Let me know what you think!

Paul

P1040032.jpg

P1040025.jpg

P1040023.jpg

P1040019.jpg

wow Paul, your work is really outstanding. beautifully done!

Tony

Wow. Looks great. I like both colors.

colors look great, and i love exotics...elephant especially, even though its a little difficult to cut and edge....the wings, or the spacing between the stitch line and the belt slot look a little long to me, but thats just my humble opinion, all that matters is how it rides...i keep mine pretty short to suck it up nice and tight....where did you score the elephant?..

Very Nice. I love my Colt Hammerless. They are awesome conceal carry weapons (as far as concealability, not so much on the knock down). I like that burgandy color. What is the dye?

Renegadelizard,

I've always placed the rear belt slot right below the end of the grip as that seemed to be where many makers put them. It snugs up nicely. I'm going to build myself a dual IWB/OWB for my 1911 (haven't built anything for ME in quite some time,) and you now have me thinking of bringing the rear slot/belt clip in a bit closer to the gun to try out. Thanks!

The elephant came from one of those scrap bags that Springfield had about a year ago. I bought two of them, and got a darn good amount of useable material out of it. Even though I'm just now getting around to playing with it, I wish I had bought more.

Mattsh,

They are nice and small that's for sure. Have you made any leather for yours? Pics?

Paul