Snpr9696

Machine Questions

Not unless you buy used but even then they usually hover in the 1800-2k range depending on what's included, shipping is another few hundred. I've picked up my last two from Bob, I had one shipped and I want to say it was around 3-400. If you can afford the difference I doubt you'd regret it. If not get something else and use it until you can afford something else. The one nice thing about the Boss is if you find a used one you can use it for a couple years and still sell it for what you paid for it and they are easy to sell and ship.

I'd still recommend sending Bob a sample of your leather and have him stitch it up and you can see what it'll look like. I'm sure he'd be happy to do that.

Here's a Cobra class 3 in the for sale section.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=46149#entry291104

I just spoke with Jerry from Artisan. He recommends the Toro 3200 BT. It's in the same Price range as the CB3500. I would like to have a third option to add to the mix and weigh all the options. Maybe the Techsew?

The Cobra class 3 is about the same as well. They are all similarly priced and basically very much the same machines. Just buy one from a dealer you feel comfortable with who will provide service after the sale and/or choose one who is closest to you, it'll be cheaper in freight charges and should you need parts or anything they will arrive quicker.

Also FYI its usually only a couple hundred more to go from the short arm to the long arm and once you're spending a couple thousand bucks on a machine a few hundred more isn't much and if you ever need the extra throat depth you'll be happy you have it.

Snpr9696,

We run 2 Toro-4000 and a 3200 in our shop. The 4000's run 10 hrs. a day 5 days a week sewing 2 or 3 layers of 12 oz. They have been running now for 5 years and I have had -0- issues with them.

The 3200 was bought to do wallets and is working like a charm. We use it for both the exterior and interior. For the money, you can’t go wrong with Artisan. There consumer servers is fantastic and the units are simple to use and maintain. The feed dogs on these units are smooth and won’t mar the back, so that should be a non-issue for you. I would suggest you add the flat table top as it comes in handy.

That’s my $.02 for what it’s worth.

Good luck

Roger

Orion Equipment & Mfg.

What's your feedback on Artisan? Particularly the 3200BT

I've never used the Artisan so I don't have much feedback to give. As of lately it seems the two most popular choices are the Cowboy or the Cobra, I attribute that to the two main dealers active on this site sells those two brands, when Steve sold the artisan you heard the name Toro more often.

I don't think you'll go wrong with any of the choices. They all should come with the smooth feed dogs if you're buying it from a dealer who has set it up to sew leather which is any of the ones on this forum. A lot of people seem to prefer the slotted smooth needle plate as well, I tried it on mine but I prefer the smooth feed dogs.

If I were in the market for another one I'd get a Cowboy, not because I think its any better but because I already am comfortable working with Bob and his son and I can arrange to pick it up.

http://www.tolindsew...com/cb2500.html

Since you have a budget in mind we have the same machine but without reverse for $995.00 + shpg

Bob I am looking for a good machine that will sew up to 3/8" The problem is I have a small budget. Do you have an used machines (Used) with the servo motor at a fair price ?? I would really like to buy the cb4500 Do you finance your machines?

wlg1908@hotmail .com

Dan :cowboy: