Here is saddle I just finished. Thanks go to Jon Watsabaugh for help with the Tapadero pattern. These are the first taps I have attempted. The tree is a Rod Nikkel ordered with Dennis Lane Card system. The fit for the horse turned out really well. Leather is Wickett and Craig.

GW

Lakota.Nikkel.Aug.08_74.jpg Lakota.Nikkel.Aug.08_89.jpg

post-2915-1219935105_thumb.jpg

post-2915-1219935378_thumb.jpg

Humdinger! I really like the big leaf pattern, and I'm so glad the Card System is working. It really does sound like the future.

Gary,

Nice work! I really like the Flower/leaf pattern mixed with the geometric design. The taps really set it off too !!

Rick J.

Wow! That is awesome Gary!

I've never seen that tooling pattern. I REALLY like it. Excellent.

ArtS

Very, very nice saddle! The tooling is particularly beautiful. Thanks for posting the pic!

Gary...that's beautiful! Gotta a question, is the carving pattern a normal pattern for you or did you enlarge it? How much did you enlarge it if I may ask or how did you get the leafs that big?

Appreciate it.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

WoW Gary that is amazing! I know my opinion really is worthless but I want to say thanks for showing it.

Josh

Very nice! I like everything about it. I may have to make myself a new saddle now.

Buff

Gary...that's beautiful! Gotta a question, is the carving pattern a normal pattern for you or did you enlarge it? How much did you enlarge it if I may ask or how did you get the leafs that big?

Appreciate it.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

The pattern is a new one for me. I draw all of my patterns from scratch. I like to incorporate elements from classic gun engraving into my patterns when I can. This oak leaf pattern was inspired by some gun engraving scrolls I have been studying. I did not enlarge the pattern. I like oak leaves and tried to keep the size of the leaves pretty realistic.

I have a question about the sleeve on your flank cinch. I don't see a stitch line down the side. I see what appears to be a horizontal stitch line under the buckle. But if indeed there isn't any stitching down the side......How the heck did you do that? Maybe the pic is just too small to get that detail but I was just wondering. Chris

I have a question about the sleeve on your flank cinch. I don't see a stitch line down the side. I see what appears to be a horizontal stitch line under the buckle. But if indeed there isn't any stitching down the side......How the heck did you do that? Maybe the pic is just too small to get that detail but I was just wondering. Chris

Mulefoot,

There are stitch lines down each side, the picture just is not clear enough to see them. This is the same flank cinch design Steve Mason showed us a few months ago. Thanks Steve.

GW

Gary, What do you think of those dennis lane tree fitting card system? How does the tree maker like using is it guide line?

Thanks, Steve

Gary, What do you think of those dennis lane tree fitting card system? How does the tree maker like using is it guide line?

Thanks, Steve

Steve,

I think the system is a work in progress. Some tree makers are really starting to like it and utilize it. Others are still experimenting with it and deciding how the measurements relate to their trees. I really hope this concept continues to grow as it make communicating among tree makers, saddle makers and horse owners much easier.....like we are all speaking the same language. A saddle maker can mark their saddles with the measures used to make the tree and so when one looks at that saddle they know the type of horse it was designed to fit.

GW

WOW. Really, I'm amazed. I've been looking for this exact saddle for over 3 years. I haven't been able to find a wade tree saddle that doesn't have huge skirts. I ride a lot of colts for people and I like a very short skirted saddle because of the different lenths of horses' backs. I would like to pick your brain about this saddle but I don't want to take over your thread so I'll ask the questions and if you want to pm the answers that's fine.

1. What is the weight of the saddle?

2. What is the swell width? ( I've sat on a lady wade and I noticed the slimmer swell width felt better to me than my "man's" wade)

3. What is the skirt length and rigging set? ( from the picture it looks 3/4 rigged but I'm not sure)

I have more questions but I'll restrain myself until I get these answers.

Thanks

David

Nice rig! Like the swallowtail skirt and the taps. Always been a big fan of the longer eagle beaks like those. Whoever got that, got a nice rig! Thankyou for posting.