bunkhouseleather

hello from nebraska

Hello all.

Just found the site and have been wandering around for awhile. Have been doing leatherwork for a while and thought I would put some pictures out for you all to see. Please comment and tell me what you think. All criticisms appreciated. Thanks

old_tyme_headstall_1e.JPG

elkhide_chinks10.jpg

jeff_chaps4.jpg

jake_chocolate_elk_shotguns3.JPG

post-7268-1220117634_thumb.jpg

post-7268-1220117747_thumb.jpg

post-7268-1220117836_thumb.jpg

post-7268-1220117939_thumb.jpg

BunkHouseLeather,

Welcome to the forum. Since you have already been wandering around, I don't have to tell you where the donuts are located. You have probably already found out that we are an eclectic group from all over the world. We all have one common interest and that is leather. Make your self at home and join in on the conversations.

BillB.

Here is a quick reference map of LeatherWorker.Net Web Site.

Slide1.bmp

Slide1.bmp

and hello back to you from my little part of nebraska....im no expert on chaps etc (im a braider) but looks like nice work to me.

Welcome to the forum. A wealth of knowledge you will find it here. :grouphug5vj5:

Hi BHL welcometo the forum, that isnt no bunkhouse leather it looks to good, just a little pun hope you dont mind, nice gear, Don

Thanks for the welcome. I have a couple of pictures of my shop that I am in the process of building. I started out repairing tack in bunkhouses on different ranches then got married and moved the shop into the house. Am finally able to actually build a dedicated leather/ soon to be saddle shop. Just got the walls and some of the trim up and it is kinda starting to look like a building. Been working on it all summer in between taking care of the feedlot and yearlings. I am not a carpenter by any means and it has been a learning experience. It is 32' x 12' and built on a trailer house frame just in case we ever have to move. It's going with me, I waited to long to have a shop of my own!! LOL Let me know what you think.

Jake

jake_saddle_shop_2.jpg

post-7268-1221281455_thumb.jpg

Another picture of the inside of my shop. Don't know what I'll do with all the room.

jake_saddle_shop_5.jpg

post-7268-1221282092_thumb.jpg

Oh nice, but there are a few things missing it needs a boardwalk a fals front and a rocking chair next to the door and me sitting in it, Don

Hi and welcome Bunkhouse! I'll chime in with Justwakinup. First you spend a couple of hours here and then if you're lucky theres 15 mins over for actual leatherwork,lol.

Very good looking chaps and wow! I envy that shop your building.

Tom

Welcome, glad to some others in the area hacking on the dead steers. Good looking shop, all that room has a way of disappearing quick.