reuben cogburn

Tippmann Needle Confusion

I want to start sewing with some 277 thread... I mainly use 346, but I want to start running some smaller items with thinner thread.

I have some needles for the tippmann but they are shorter than the regular needle that handles the 346 thread.

Do these work in the tippmann?? They came in the accessory case, but since I bought the machine used I don't know if they are original. The 346 thread does not go through the eye...

When I install one of the needles, it does not reach the bottom of the needle bar. It doesn't seem like it will work right...

Any help??

It seems as though the smaller needle would be the same length, just in a smaller diameter....

thanks y'all

Length wise , the needles should be the same size !!! For lighter thread the needle will be smaller in diameter ...but the same length as the heavier ones. Just call Tippmann for the extra needles you need...

How much shorter? Can you post a picture? Most likely the shorter needles are 328 size. It is a shorter version of the 794 that the Boss uses. If you do use this needle you will need to retime your machine this will place the needle bar closer to the arm than the 794. I don't know if they will work.