icdux1

Tippman Boss....how Long Is Learning Curve

i am of average intelligence and maybe slightly higher....i have had it one day and my stiching is getting worse. approx how long does it take to learn this thing??

i am an experienced hand sewer but have zero machine experience.

1. Did you watch the DVD they sent with it?

2. Did you set the machine up like you were told?

If you answered yes, . . . then post some pictures, . . . front and back of a typical sewing setup you would have.

What thickness leather are you sewing?

What size thread are you using?

What size needle are you using?

These are all part of the equation, . . . and you will have to take each into account.

May God bless,

Dwight

1. Did you watch the DVD they sent with it? yes

2. Did you set the machine up like you were told? yes

If you answered yes, . . . then post some pictures, . . . front and back of a typical sewing setup you would have.

What thickness leather are you sewing? 7-8 face 3-4 lining

What size thread are you using? 277

What size needle are you using? 200 chisel point

can post an image, does this site require an image hosting service or may i directly upload?

These are all part of the equation, . . . and you will have to take each into account.

May God bless,

Dwight

It sounds like you are on the right track.

In your reply window, . . . bottom right hand corner, . . . push the button for more reply options.

It will let you upload pictures.

That is how these are on here. This is a small holster I did earlier today, . . . on my Boss, . . . double layer 4/5, . . . 346 thread. I'm not sure of the needle, . . .

Does your stitching look like this? This is not a perfect example, . . . but a rather representative sample.

May God bless,

Dwight

post-6728-0-55094000-1375408726_thumb.jp

post-6728-0-54992100-1375408752_thumb.jp

Thanks Dwight for helping, I am interested in the Boss

sorry i havent kept up with this thread, been busy. thank you dwight.....i have been reading up on the boss and its quirks. i see no reason why i cant get it to work if others can. right now i can only dream of making stiches that look as good as yours. still cant post a photo says file too large, but i will be back with one when i get it {the boss} figured out.

That's some nice stitchin' Dwight with the Boss. I started out with a boss then added a second one. It did take me a little bit to get the hang of the machine to get good stitches like yours after that I was able to knock out holsters without much fuss with the machine. My wife is a seamstress and was able to coach me which helped a lot on learning to use it. I eventually went to the Cobra 4 and sold one of the Bosses. I recently got a second Cobra 4 and will be selling the second Boss in the near future to get my wife a Cobra 18 for her projects. Anyone interested in my second Boss can contact me through my website. http://www.unclegeorgeswalletholsters.com/Pages/contactus.aspx

Edited by UncleGeorge