JustWakinUp

What are you drinking right now?

Okay, started my new job at a coffee shop tonight...and was introduced to praline latte. Now I can officially say there is a coffee drink I actually like!

Right now is 11pm on Saturday, I am having 3 fingers of Aberlour, a Speyside single malt. But most of the time it's coffee or diet pepsi.

Art

Right now is 11pm on Saturday, I am having 3 fingers of Aberlour, a Speyside single malt. But most of the time it's coffee or diet pepsi.

Art

Well, lucky you! It's 2.39 pm and I'm having coffee and creamcake!

Tony.

Saturday night here - Pendleton or another gin and tonic - :dunno: The first G/T has been very enjoyable. I haven't had one for a good long while and it is reminding me with its smooth taste and drinkability just why I gave them up years ago. Probably go with the Pendleton to do a comparison. Home for the night, so I can do that I guess.

I'm having what my California buddies call a barn Margarita. Sauza tequilla and they use squirt. I'm using an Australian soda called solo. very refreshing.

Barra

Saturday night here - Pendleton or another gin and tonic - :dunno: The first G/T has been very enjoyable. I haven't had one for a good long while and it is reminding me with its smooth taste and drinkability just why I gave them up years ago. Probably go with the Pendleton to do a comparison. Home for the night, so I can do that I guess.

Hi Bruce. I got drunk on Gin about 40 years ago, it repeated on me for about a week and I've never been able to stand the smell of it since!

Tony.

What is cream cake? sound delicious

My usual drink of choice is diet Mountain Dew. I drink it with every thing, food, alcohol, whatever. I do like gin and pinapple juice, to kill ya and salt and a slice of lemon, and sometimes Jim Beam or Jack Daniels shots. I hardly ever drink alcohol though, not too good for my diabetes and I have enough trouble with that right now as it is, LOL, it's hard to control sometimes. Up and down for any reason or no reason. Billy P

Right now I am drinking Lingenberry juice (from sweden), but the Saints just lost to the Redskins, so I might need something with a little more kick. :cheers:

Marlon

BUD LITE from a glass bottle............. :red_bandana::crazy:

Being a trojan hating BRUINS fan I'm a bit.....ya know...... :bawling::head_hurts_kr:

last night it was my usual JD straight, no ice, just poured into a glass.

Today, after cleaning up the yard and realizing my 7 month-old Border Collie decided to chew the wiring off the motorhome lights in front, I'm just here now drinking Diet Coke.

I'm in California ya know. ......we order double cheeseburgers, fries and Diet Coke! :lol::lol:

For the record, Jim Beam & Coca-Cola! :thumbsup: Oh, and it don't quite taste the same unless it's in a Mason Jar!

Right now I am drinking Lingenberry juice (from sweden), but the Saints just lost to the Redskins, so I might need something with a little more kick. :cheers:

Marlon

Good choice Marlon! Lingonberry juice is not too sweet and quench the thirst well I think. It is excellent if boosted with up to 50% vodka depending on your pref. but here in Sweden it is kind of a sport the farther north you come to have really trong.

That drink is called Vargtass (wolfs paw in English).

But if a real kick is required I can let you in on the prairie wolf drink, 50%tequila and 50% tabasco :spoton:

Tom

Im with Billy P on this. Diet Mt. Dew most anytime of the day, unless I have a big old glass of ice water in front of me. Alcohol doesn't go well with diabetes at all. Is starting to cool off here so I will start drinking coffee first thing in the morning.

Subtemperate bistatial dihydrogen monoxide. A big 'un.

Brent

Ardbeg Renaissance 56% and lots of peat....oh man I've died and come to a better place!

I never hear of pear cider! I love pears. That sounds good. I bet it's home made too.

ArtS

Alas no my brewing skills are.... how can i put it delicately..... aweful, my partner makes fabulous wine though (elderflower) so i may make a suggestion. Pear Cider sometimes called perry has really taken off in uk of late, I tried Pear and strawberry cider the other day, yet another temptation yum yum.

[quote

But if a real kick is required I can let you in on the prairie wolf drink, 50%tequila and 50% tabasco :spoton:

Tom

I think that may be a splat and a lot of time on the WC. " hot, hot, hot, hot" for me Tabosco and tequila ooooh NO thats evil. Had the misfortune to drink a lot of tequila slammers in a bar on holiday 15 or so, it seemed like a good idea at the time to wash the taste of bad sangria out of my mouth I was fine until I walked outside then I swear I took a huge gulp of air and I got hit in the face with a brick, i remember waking the next day feeling like like a badger had left a little fecal surprise in my mouth. I got up, for just enough time to fall down again and hit the floor at the same time as my vomit, Never again! I still like tequila but i have an aversion to hotel floors lol.

heading home for a desperado anyone had one of these? Tequila beer, mmmmmm the only beer I drink (except stout, like guniness)

[quote

Tom

I think that may be a splat and a lot of time on the WC. " hot, hot, hot, hot" for me Tabosco and tequila ooooh NO thats evil. Had the misfortune to drink a lot of tequila slammers in a bar on holiday 15 or so, it seemed like a good idea at the time to wash the taste of bad sangria out of my mouth I was fine until I walked outside then I swear I took a huge gulp of air and I got hit in the face with a brick, i remember waking the next day feeling like like a badger had left a little fecal surprise in my mouth. I got up, for just enough time to fall down again and hit the floor at the same time as my vomit, Never again! I still like tequila but i have an aversion to hotel floors lol.

heading home for a desperado anyone had one of these? Tequila beer, mmmmmm the only beer I drink (except stout, like guniness)

:rofl: That's a good story.

Here's another one!

Last prairiewolf I drank(and I had a few in my days) gave me trouble and did not wanna stay down but after my stomach had attempted a couple of times to throw it up it seemed allright...thought I and in a split second it gushed out of me and over the bar. I managed to close my mouth and keep it like that just until I reached the toilet but still a load was on the bar disk. Uack. I wasn't so very drunk so when I got out from the toilet I ran into one of the guards with the "cleaning kit" and said -oh man, has someone puked? -yeah, he shortly replied. I said -Oh man, I am terribly sorry but I will clean it up for you if you promise to not get mad. -Ok He said with a confused look and I dropped the bomb on him and said again -I am terribly sorry, I am not overly drunk but I did puke at the bar after some nasty dude bought me a prairiewolf!!

The guard was very surprised but then he broke up in a big smile and replied, - Wow man, it's the first time EVER someone freely admit a barfing and appoligize and help clean up. Well, you seem to be ok and have an honest attitude so you can stay but stay off those bad drinks, ok!

After we got the bar was clean I was excused and they even let me buy more beer.

Stopping that guard was probably my only chance of not being thrown out, they'd found me soon enough and kicked me out. A totally hairless dude is easy to spot at a death metal concert!!

Tom

My first post is about......

Drinking Mountain Dew!

I was a hard core Diet Dr. Pepper guy till recently. I drink Diet and regular Dew almost exclusively now.

Allen

a little red wine and a good cigar :)

I think it might be time to mix up some of my Space Invaders. Equal parts 151, pineapple juice, and enough lime to make a tart statement. You taste sweet on the lips, tart on the tongue, and then the 151 sears your throat on the way down. Plus, with all the citrus, it glows in blacklight. :thumbsup: You can also make it with Aftershock....but be warned.

For the holidays, "Cherry Bombs". 1 jar marachino cherries, pour out half the juice, refill with goldschlager, let sit for 3 months. Serve with caution B)

hmmm, anyone else notice that I helped steer this from what are you drinking to bartending 101? Back to the topic, sorry for the hijack.

Edited by TwinOaks

How bout' that ... A thread with my name on it.

It's been a long day in the shop, ... So I'm drinking my favorite Evan Williams Black Bourbon and smoking a Big strong Equadorian Puro cigar ..