pojotex

Hi, I'm A Newbe Here And This Is My Very First Project.

My very first project. What do you think. And no I didn't mess up the finish. I wanted to give it an old distressed look. I found out this hobby is not cheap to get into .Thanks for looking.

post-44085-0-31919500-1376271248_thumb.j

Edited by pojotex

Second ya on this hobby not being cheap anymore .leather prices going through the roof.

the picture could be better.not seeing much details..what I can see is you did well on the wet forming and boning, the edges look like they been burnished, the design is cool but the carving went shallow when wet formed..there is not much you can do about it..

I dont care muchfor the finish.but that couldbe the picture...all in all this is good work for a first timer!!

Jimbob

Second ya on this hobby not being cheap anymore .leather prices going through the roof.

the picture could be better.not seeing much details..what I can see is you did well on the wet forming and boning, the edges look like they been burnished, the design is cool but the carving went shallow when wet formed..there is not much you can do about it..

I dont care muchfor the finish.but that couldbe the picture...all in all this is good work for a first timer!!

Jimbob

This picture was taken with my cell phone it looks alot better in person. I did lose a little detail when I formed it but not as much as the picture shows. Time for a good cam. And yes the edges have been burnished.

For your very first project - I think you did a pretty fine job!

My first project is not worth mentioning.

For your very first project - I think you did a pretty fine job!

My first project is not worth mentioning.

Thanks

For a fist project, you did a very good job! What weight leather did you use? And, how'd you get so good a stitching so fast?

For a fist project, you did a very good job! What weight leather did you use? And, how'd you get so good a stitching so fast?

Thanks

Leather is 8-9 oz. My Mother taught me how to sew when I was young and I read alot before I started. :cowboy:

Edited by pojotex

"very first project" huh? Got any ocean front property in Arizona you can sell me?

"very first project" huh? Got any ocean front property in Arizona you can sell me?

What are you trying to say, I'm lying?

Edited by pojotex

"lying" is a word I would not use unless I had living proof....let's just say I have my doubts.

You've made a great looking holster....your stitch line is right on, your boning detail is very well done., your stitching is so-so....and your wanting a distressed look is done (really? on you "very first project" you decided on a distressed look??) like you used scraps from different parts of the cow....we do it all the time.......

You want us to believe it's your "very first project"?...ok for you...I'm just not buying into it...that's all I'm saying.

Pojotex, would you happen to be from Springtown?

"lying" is a word I would not use unless I had living proof....let's just say I have my doubts.

You've made a great looking holster....your stitch line is right on, your boning detail is very well done., your stitching is so-so....and your wanting a distressed look is done (really? on you "very first project" you decided on a distressed look??) like you used scraps from different parts of the cow....we do it all the time.......

You want us to believe it's your "very first project"?...ok for you...I'm just not buying into it...that's all I'm saying.

Well it is my first project, so live with it. I thought this was a friendly forum. I guess I was wrong. Maybe I can find another one.

Pojotex, would you happen to be from Springtown?

Nope