What are the advantages of using water based adhesives?

The only advantage for me is that some of the cleanup is easier. Suppose it depends on whose product is being used.

God Bless.

Ray

Doesn't stink as much, so people that are sensitive to chemical solvent smells find it much easier to cope with.

Tom

Anyone used 3M 30NF water based contact cement? Can it be used in a squeeze bottle?

Ya know? I don't know if you have used it or not. Bashful? I live over an hour from Tandy. I can get 3M 10 minutes away. Is it any good?

I have used numerous kinds of water based contact cement over the years, for countertops, doorskins, leather. They all seem to work fine. Re skining doors in a hospital was a good test. The product spread well with rollers and brushes, and smell was maybe 10 to 20 % of the other products. Used it on my last countertop rebuild in my kitchen as well. worked fine and holding well after 4 yrs use. I have tried different products, what ever is avail that meets the requirements. No issues with it so far. If it is local I would try the 3M brand. Likley cheaper than driving an hour round trip plus the fuel.

Thank you Cardinal Leather.

+1 on the 3M water based cement. Like Cardinal I've done everything from laminate to veneer with excellent results. It isn't designed to be used in exterior settings (or that's what I think I remember from the label), but for most anything organic it's great. As Cardinal noted it has very low VOC which can be important to some people. Oddly enough I never considered using it for leather. Great idea!

Robert