Incredible work!

Your designs are very cool.

What type of wear will they stand up to?

Joel

Hey Joel,

Thanks for the thumbs up on my work.

I use 8/9 oz. buffalo as much as I can. (thick) Bull is good too at 6/7 oz. and a lot more colors.

As far as wear they stand up well as daily go to footwear. They are hand washable and require conditioning with Montana pitch blend as needed.

Nearly all of my customers say they don't want to wear any other for comfort.

I custom cast the foot and leg to the knee. So after a break in period they fit every time.

I live in the back country of southern Arizona and have beefed up a pair for rattlesnake gathering. But thats another story.

Kenny

Kenny,

These look incredible and I for one, would sure like the opportunity to learn how to make these... would you consider a tutorial?

geo

Very nice, did you hand cut the web? What did you use for the bottom sole ?

Thanks everyone,

The spider web was cut by hand and I usually put some form of Vibram on for a sole.

No tutorial in the near future although I will teach a 7 day workshop in my home based shop.

The inside seam is skived with a bell knife skiver and over lapped 5/8", then glued and stitched.

This looks neater and also removes any excessive leather build up which you would feel. These mocs

are mostly made from soft 8/9 oz buffalo and fit like a leather stocking. Very comfortable and form fitted.

Kenny............

Beautiful stuff. I looked on the web and didn't see anything about the 7 day workshop. Have you done these in the past? How frequently and cost? How many people and any plans for 2014?

Hi ELeBlanc,

I get asked frequently if I would be interested in teaching this style of moccasin making.

Lately, I have been giving it some thought. My shop is very small and I prefer one on one teaching.

We live in a remote area of southeast Arizona and logistics are an issue here.

i.e. food, lodging and transportation etc...

I have plans to get this in motion during early 2014.

I will lay out curriculum, costs and logistical info. and options on my website with a

heads-up on this forum as well.

Thanks for the interest.

Kenny