LeatherHead99

Need A Pic Of A Tippmann Boss Bottom Stitch

Just acquired a tippmann boss from the "for Sale" section of this forum... Long story short it arrived damage and now im battling with UPS to get them to pay. The machine still seems to work, but there was damage to the needle assembly plate and tension foot adjuster. The needle plate assembly plate has a few gouges in it, which is causing the machine to chew / scar the underside of the leather. I will post a pic later ( and yes I do have the replacement parts on order $50 ) The top stitch looks great, but I I've never sewed on a machine before and im not really sure what the underside should look like... Im used to hand stitching and having a nice beautiful stitch on both sides. I alway see pics of the top stitch but never the bottom...

Can someone post a pic of the bottom stitch from their Tippmann, just so I have something to compare mine to.

Thanks

I have a Tippmann Aerostitch and it got damaged in shipping also but, just the mounting plate. They must have thrown it. Split it right in two pieces. I can't help you with your problem but I would guess the bottom stitching would look just like the top stitching. My Aerostitch is the same on top and bottom.

For some reason it would not let me copy and paste the url for a thread on these forums. So if you search the forums for top and bottom stitch of tippman boss a thread started by particle will come up. On page 2 there are pictures of the backside stitch. There is also a 4 page discussion on adjusting the Boss to get a proper stitch.

For some reason it would not let me copy and paste the url for a thread on these forums.

This took me forever to figure out. I don't know why or how or what (there are a number of issues I get frustrated with on this forum) but I accidently stumbled on this answer. There is a square in the top left corner of this box. Not sure what it is an image of, but if you hover it says, "toggle editing mode". Click on it and you will be able to "paste".

Thanks Aaron, no matter what I did in the first post it would not let me paste (the paste option was gray). When I created the second post there was no problem pasting.