Beaverslayer

Gear Shifter

A friend was tearing apart a Chrysler Intrepid last night and asked me if I wanted any of the parts. I looked and saw all the good stereo parts and alarm were gone, so I just took the shifter knob. Stared at it for a while and thought I'd try this out.

Had a few problems, but with a bit of tweeking I think I may have a new line to market.

shifter.jpg

Ken

post-1605-1200871666_thumb.jpg

That looks kewl! :ooks like he is radiating...

There was a guy looking to buy these in this topic:

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=452

Yes I sent him a PM. He's actually looking for the boot that is wrapped around the shift lever itself. I'm working on one of those as I type this out. Will post a pic tomorrow most likely.

Thanks for the compliment.

Ken

very nice....and a great idea too!!!!

Beaver, I would imagine he's looking for someone to make stuff like this guy makes redline goods . You can look around and get some idea .

Yea freak, I looked at that site last night, the only thing is the most expensive one I could work out on there was for an Alpha Romeo, and it was only 58 bucks shipping included. I would think that he was wanting something a bit more "Custom" than just sewn leather.

I'll post mine tomorrow most likely. It's got a carved panel that's lacedinto the boot, and of course it's all laced together.

Ken

That's one cool gear shifter knob and that lacing going over the top looks just great.

Tom

I like the shifter knob. You may have just created a new cottage industry for yourself.

Randy

A friend was tearing apart a Chrysler Intrepid last night and asked me if I wanted any of the parts. I looked and saw all the good stereo parts and alarm were gone, so I just took the shifter knob. Stared at it for a while and thought I'd try this out.

Had a few problems, but with a bit of tweeking I think I may have a new line to market.

shifter.jpg

Ken

That's a nice piece of work. I like the way you matched the silver to silver at the bottom.