Sign in to follow this  
Big Papa Leather

Introduction

Hello,

My name is Allen. I am new to leather crafting. So new that I have only about 2 weeks under my belt. Actually I want to make a belt so I can but some weeks under it. ( insert rim shot here)

Anyway, a bit about myself. I am a pretty diverse type dude. I enjoy 4 wheel drive vehicles, Guns, knives, and other stuff. I am a father of 3 great kids and married for 16 years. I have been in public service most of my adult life, Military, emergency medical responder (paramedic) and Law Enforcement. After many, many years of dealing with other peoples misery I decided I had to do something different. Started my own business and finally starting to have a little more faith in humanity. (yeah, I know kind of dark, but true)

Anyway, I hope to learn alot. So far I am impressed and intimedated by some the the great stuff on here.

I have something to strive for that is for sure.

Please bare with my questions if they are newbi' ish at times.

Allen

Allen

Welcome to our forum. Take a look around and you will find the most talented and knowledgable craftsmen/women around. You will not be let down.

Greetings from Austin, TX

Sam

Longhorn Trail Leather Guild

www.legendsandlies.com

:deadsubject:

Hey Sam,

I took a western floral carving class from a Longhorn Guild member. I am absolutely aweful with names.

Bill maybe? At Tandy there in Austin last Saturday.

I might join ya'll next meeting... if I can remember the date ya'll meet.

Second Tuesday?

????

Allen

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you.

Welcome Allen. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it here and get a lot out of it.

ArtS

Hello,

My name is Allen. I am new to leather crafting. So new that I have only about 2 weeks under my belt. Actually I want to make a belt so I can but some weeks under it. ( insert rim shot here)

Anyway, a bit about myself. I am a pretty diverse type dude. I enjoy 4 wheel drive vehicles, Guns, knives, and other stuff. I am a father of 3 great kids and married for 16 years. I have been in public service most of my adult life, Military, emergency medical responder (paramedic) and Law Enforcement. After many, many years of dealing with other peoples misery I decided I had to do something different. Started my own business and finally starting to have a little more faith in humanity. (yeah, I know kind of dark, but true)

Anyway, I hope to learn alot. So far I am impressed and intimedated by some the the great stuff on here.

I have something to strive for that is for sure.

Please bare with my questions if they are newbi' ish at times.

Allen

Allen,

Welcome to the forum!! There is a lot of information here. Just ask questions and post some pictures of your work no matter how bad you think it is!! We will tell you it's great and then point out how to improve!! LOL !!! The critique here is gental and helpful.

Glad you found us and let any of us know if you need help!

Rick J.

Scissormedic,

Welcome to the forum. You will find a diverse set of good folks here that are all interested in leather crafts and keeping this craft alive and well. Look around and join in the discussions. Again welcome to the Forum.

BillB.

Hi Allen welcome to the forum, this is a great place to start its full of people that are willing to help out when they can so ask any questions you may have and do get some pics up as you go along, Don