zoomer56

Cobra - Leather Machine Co.

Hello . . . Has anyone been to the Cobra shop at Leather Machine Co. in Ontario CA? Is this place open to the public? Will they allow customers to try the machines?

best bet is call and ask Steve,

I'm betting the door is open,,,,,,

db

I have not been to their shop but I know they have a showroom and he will let you test out his machines. The only thing would be to call him to see when he's around best thing would be to get a tour of the place from him. He's a really nice guy and will take his time to show you his machines and answer all your questions so give him a call.

Best regards,

Ralph

I called today. They don't have a showroom but said I could come and take a look on Friday. The goal . . . to help decide between Consew, Cobra and Techsew.

My $.02 Cobra all the way

db

Good choice. I got the first Cobra shipped and it is still running good without a problem yet. Steve still will answer questions when I have them.

I visited the Leather Machine Co. Inc. today. They are very busy with trade shows. It was fortunate that Steve Tayrien was there. They had just received a shipment of machines and so the shop was full of crates. Steve showed me around and answered all my questions. The choices for me from Cobra are the class 4 or 18. I need to still ask about the feet. I will be doing work on leather, some veg tan, and do not want to mark the leather with non-smooth feet and feed dogs. Steve said he could provide feet that are smooth. Time to go back to the cave and cogitate some more.

post-43496-0-34127900-1381520571_thumb.j

Thanks for the picture zoomer56. I'm pretty sure that Toro 3000 sitting next to the Cobra 3 is mine! Steve picked it up at the Denver show, and just got back into town with it this week.

Paul

It was nice being able to go to the source. I went to Alberoni the week before. He had many machines to look at.