brycew74

2 Strand Spanish Ring

looking for instructions on how to tie a 2 strand spanish ring, have not found it in my bruce grand book am i not looking hard enough or do i need to look elsewhere?

Check page 155. Is that what you are looking for?

Page 155 in my book is a diagram for "how to secure rein knots"...?

Diagram for Spanish ring knot is plate 161 (page 391)...other ring knots are on pages just past those.

i think the one on 155 may be the one i want, i want to make some belting reins and tie my ring knots/ foundations, by putting an awl hole through the belting passing the string through then tying my ring knot, i suppose could use 2 strings/ holes but im afraid it would weaken the rein too much

I've done it with 2 before by using one to tie the base turks head and then using the second string for the next pass (interweave).

thats the knot im shootin for is tyin it with one strand pushed thru a small awl hole, will the knot on p 155 work for that

thank you so much leatherpounder ive got some belting coming and thats just the knot i need

Hmmm I've used 4 strand Spanish ring knots to secure beads on leads - these look nice and would be a little smaller I suspect - would they almost as secure?

Leatherpownder, I am trying to follow your pics but am confused. I am fine to pic 2, but not sure what direction you are turning the work or if you are working both ends. Pic 3 loses me since I cant see where the strand goes through. Can you elaborate some. A pic is not always worth 1000 words. :)