suzelle

Consew Model 29B - Friend Is Selling

A friend of mine purchased a new Consew Model 29B patcher about 4 years ago. She hasn't used it enough to justify the space it takes up and wants to sell it now.

She's trying to decide on a selling price right now and plans to sell the machine with table and all that comes with it, if you have any input on what a price should be for a machine like this, please let me know. Thank you for any help/advice.

Here is the information on the machine:

Has about 20 hours of use. Taking a closer look at it today, we jotted down some of it's features:

Consew Model 29B Sewing Machine/Patcher

With full Industrial size table : 20"x48"

I'm pretty sure it has the Big Bobbin

Throat length, but I think it is 12" (will check if model number doesn't indicate)

Has knob on hand wheel to turn by hand

Has electric foot pedal

Has a small Dayton Motor (model 27803D) attached, with belt

115 volt

Has sewing machine lamp

Has wooden drawer mounted on left, under the table

Anyone? We have no idea what percent to mark it down to. It's in like new condition as she's barely used it. I am not including photos, as she's not trying to sell it here, just needs some input as to what it's value is so she can put it up for sale locally.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I'd say the best way to find out what it's worth is to put it on ebay,but then she'd have to be able to ship it,so I would guess something around $1,200.00 should be a fair price.

Bob,

Thanks for the info and the idea. I guess if she listed it on Ebay, she could always say "local" only if she did not want to ship it. If she started at whatever price she decided she wanted, I guess she could do it as an auction and I'm thinking all she'd have to pay is the listing price if it didn't sell.

That will help her. Thanks so much!

Edited by suzelle

Depending on the price, I'd be interested in purchasing it off of her.

Give me a shout via email:

richard.wasnock@gmail.com

Sent you a private message as well.

Depending on the price, I'd be interested in purchasing it off of her.

Give me a shout via email:

richard.wasnock@gmail.com

Sent you a private message as well.

Hi Richard,

Gosh, no clue yet on price she wants, thus the reason for my post. She'll handle selling it herself, but she doesn't do computers very much. Thanks for sending your info., she does do e-mail so I'm sure she will get back to you in a couple of days.

Looks like you are not too far away from where the machine is.

She isn't quite ready to put it up yet, she was just asking what I thought, told her I didn't know anything about these machines. She knows the machine well, but didn't know it's value as a 2nd hand machine. So we're a real pair, LOL! Sorta like blind leading the blind. It may take a couple days as I know she is in the middle of a mountain of work right now, but I will pass your e-mail address on to her.

Thank you!