I sent an inquiry to Rings.

I have a request to make a hybrid for the above handgun. Can't find listing. Will the S&W M&P 40 work? The 9 has a thumb safety but I can work with the 40 if it is the same size.

Edited by Red Cent

I will go down to my shop and compare I have both. Get back to you in just a bit.

Thanks Tallhorse and welcome. Hi, my name is Red and I am a leather maker addict.

Camano, where did you get the 9?

Red other then the thumb safety on the 9 I don't see any real discernable differences. Width of both is 1.2", Height 5.5" length 7.63". Hope this helps.

It does. Thanks.

Red Cent, it is a duncans. I just checked their inventory list and it shows the S&W M&P Full size. I believe that is the one you want it is the same size and has the thumb safety. You might call or email them and check. I believe that it will work for either the 40 or 9 FUll size with thumb safety.

9mm, 40cal, and the 357 m&p are all the same, 40&357 even use the same mags, the 45 is larger though. The pro series is different also. On a side note the m&p is awesome with a apex tactical trigger kit. Lol this is one of the first things on this forum that I know something about.

9mm, 40cal, and the 357 m&p are all the same, 40&357 even use the same mags, the 45 is larger though. The pro series is different also. On a side note the m&p is awesome with a apex tactical trigger kit. Lol this is one of the first things on this forum that I know something about.

Depends on what you consider larger. Longer slide, yes. Frame width, identical. Grip size, longer. So a 9mm open bottom holster would fit the .45. Not as applicable in custom leather, but handy on the kydex side of my work.

The XD series is the same. The difference is so minor that all the XD gear holsters are the same.

Tallhorse, I have been carrying a Colt Commander LW for about 40 years. I have a Glock 34 with the Ghost Rocket kit but ain't nothin' like a tuned 1911 trigger. Too old to change.

Kinda like around the late 50s and early 60s. I could tell you the make of the car if I could see their tail lights 100 yards away. Handguns are kinda the same. Plastic...ugh :).

Thanks guys.