This is my largest rig to date by more than a few pieces and I’m extremely happy with the way it turned out. It consists of 5 Ruger SBH holsters, with the intention by the customer of being used with various other single actions as well which is why he requested a retention strap. Four of the five are southpaw & two are cross draw rigs as well.

Rig also has a 2.25” wide Scout style belt along with 19 caliber slides in 9 different calibers. On pistol calibers I aimed for a minimum of 6 rounds and if I could fit more in the pattern I sewed them in. The markings aren’t all attractive but each caliber is marked to help prevent confusion and stretching of loops. The exterior leather is W&C Drum Dyed Russett with natural liners. I used a light brown antique on the entire rig inside & out followed by buffing the heck out of it, letting it rest, oiling it and buffing the heck out of it again. Final finish was two coats of Feibings Leather Balm with Atom Wax and I’m VERY pleased with the finish which looks / feels awesome.

One other new thing I tried on this rig was pounding the stitching with a smooth faced hammer to help ‘set’ it per a recommendation in an old thread of Particle’s. It has an extremely noticeable difference to me especially on the holsters. All in all I know my customer will be tickled when this rig gets to Texas. Apologies for the photos as the ice didn’t want to cooperate with my normal backdrop this weekend!

post-19170-0-33969600-1386602866_thumb.j

post-19170-0-33477600-1386602890_thumb.j

post-19170-0-68817400-1386602921_thumb.j

post-19170-0-23877000-1386602941_thumb.j

Wow, a lot of work there. You did a great job keeping them all looking the same for a matched set.

Edited by camano ridge

Great looking, very clean job

Wow, a lot of work there. You did a great jon keeping them all looking the same for a matched set.

It was probably close to 3 weeks of work from start to completion, I'm about ready to never stitch an ammo slide again :) I was worried about colors matching considering this was an entire side and half of another for liners but the antique did a good job of tying almost everything together.

Great looking, very clean job

Thank you!

Edited by Eaglestroker

Very nice work!

Very nice work. The veiner on each of those cartridge loops is a nice touch - and a lot of planning.

Very nice and clean. I'd be happy to own or have built any of it!

Best regards, Josh

Thanks Josh!

Very nice work!

Appreciate it Jack!

Very nice work. The veiner on each of those cartridge loops is a nice touch - and a lot of planning.

Thank you Matt. I did that veiner on the first slide I ever made and liked the look. If you center it on the loop the fact it's not stamped all the way down the side never shows once ammo is loaded up :)