Hello all,

Need a bit of advice, I signed up to do a saddle school last July with Dallas Stermon of Outlaw Saddlery in Custer, South Dakota. He seemed very nice, I paid him the course fee. Come July he cashed the check then cancelled the class before the start date. I have been to small claims court and won my case as he did not contest it. However the court does not assure you monies will be paid. So now I am out $3400 and need adivce on how to ge my money back?

Any Advice would be much appreciated.

H

Will send you a PM on this...

Edited by TXAG

Guess the name "OUTLAW" Saddlery really means something! :cowboy: Sorry for your loss.

Wow, I am in total shock. I really don't have the words to spill out what is rattling around in my head. I went to his school in 2008 and never had an issue. I sincerely hope it all gets resolved as quickly as possible.

Frank

hope it sorts out for you soon............fingers crossed there is a real reason behind the mix up and not a scam...good luck

Thanks for the replies. Here's an update: Dallas has refused to me in person to pay the monies back that he has stole from me. He has absolutely refused to refund any of my monies. I have had to enlist the help of the local sheriff to execute an order to confiscate property to pay for this, but as of yet I still have no result...even as Dallas refused to appear in court to contest the claim.

What does the Sheriff say about when you will be able to recover property from him in the amount of your judgment? Did Dallas give you any reason why he will not refund your fees?

I'm shocked, saddened, and upset about this whole ordeal. Were you the one who contacted me mid to late summer about his course? If so, I replied to your original email and would very much like to talk outside of the forum.

Frank

Another update,

Well I went to the Custer County Courthouse today to see if I could get a status on this whole ordeal. I was told that unfortunately it doesn't look good for me getting any money refunded. I explained that I had a contract signed by Dallas, copies of the cashed check, and court case that I won against Dallas Stermon. I am particullarly angered as he is currently renovating a garage to make another cabin rental - probably with my money. The sherriff's office indicated that I am not the only one who has applied for an execution to confiscate property against Dallas. Apparently there is a bit of a line before I get any monies…he has made a habit of stealing from people, I guess a con-man of sorts.

Frank - I did talk to a few people I cannot remember if you were one of them. Nonetheless if you give me a private message with your email I will return the communication.

This kinda surprises me as I used to have a shop in Rapid City, SD. I had a client that stiffed me for a considerable amount. I went to small claims court in Hot Springs, SD , and while it took quite a while to get through the process, Once I got the court order, the sheriff of that county went down and picked up a truck worth at least 10 times more than the judgement was and told the dead beat he had 10 days to pay up or his truck would be auctioned. Something doesn't sound right here. Good Luck, I wish you well. Those kind of business practices make it hard for honest folks.

I have had the same problem getting the county lawyer or the sheriff to do anything and i have a judgement. I have garanished the people's checks but then they quit working. IMHO most elected county officals most are worthless when it comes to actally doing their job !! Good luck and i hope you get your money !!

Hello All,

Well after nearly 2 years and a lot of headache I finally got my money returned, not from Dallas but from the lien I put on his property. He eventually sold the place and the title company called me up yesterday and gave me a check. All over! Still wouldn't recommed this individual for anything!

H