Halitech

How To Do This Lacing

Hello

I've been asked to do some repairs on an old 3 legged stool (the type that folds up and the legs come off) as the leather is badly damaged where the legs go in. I'd like to redo the entire thing by taking it apart, cleaning what leather can be kept, and just replacing what absolutely needs to be replaced as it has a very high sentimental value (was made by her dad who passed away when she was very young) but I'm lost on the type of lacing that was used to put the tops and corner pieces together. I've got a couple of shots of the lacing so if anyone can help me out it would be appreciated. From what I can tell there are 2 sets of holes, one close to the edge and one about about 3/4" from the edge.

The first pic is from the top side, the second is from the bottom if that helps any

post-44641-0-03153700-1387827286_thumb.j

post-44641-0-63557000-1387827774_thumb.j

That is double loop lacing. There are a number of titorials around or in is im nost of the leather craft books.

I've been looking closer and I think it is the double loop as electrathon has stated. Is it possible the holes I'm seeing under the double stitch is what was used to hold things together while the the double stitch was done?

I can't see the second set of holes anywhere. Maybe I'm just missing it all together.

That is double loop lacing. There are a number of titorials around or in is im nost of the leather craft books.

elecrathon- I BELIEVE a titorial is an in structural guide to undergarments!

Merry Christmas!!!

after closer examination (with my glasses off) it seems what I was seeing as a second set of holes is actually a small gap between the leather of the seat and where the lacing is crisscrossing over the edge of the 2 layers of the seat.

I've got Lacing and Stitching for Leathercraft and it is explained in there so I think I should be good to go. Thanks everyone for the help :)

elecrathon- I BELIEVE a titorial is an in structural guide to undergarments!

If I could spell I would be something other than a fix-it guy! Have to admit, going from tuts to tits is move in the right direction.

I'd rather look at tits then tuts myself but certainly wouldn't get much work done :/

might need to move this to the adult section if we keep going down this train of thought