The flash is a bit annoying in the pic but I will not have time for this tomorrow. I think I like the 2 colour version better than the single colour ones I did. It certainly changes the whole feel of the piece. Finally finished with Christmas gifts with a little time to spare. Fortunately we did not loose our power as so many around us did or I would have been in BIG trouble. :)

post-26880-0-56832300-1387850102_thumb.j

Thanks so much.

Yes. Very nice indeed. I also prefer the 2tone to the straight black version.

Horn

I like it a lot. Very clean and the two-tone concept looks great. The creasing is excellent and demonstrates your concern for detail.

Thanks everyone. Have a great day tomorrow.

Yes, this is right up my strasse! Love how the brown leather creates that black stripe on the inside of the spine. What thickness of leather (in mm if you can - oz mean nothing to me).

This is also the kind of delicate stitching I'm hoping to achieve with mine, but the .08mm Tiger thread I bought might be too heavy. What thread have you used?

Edited by OurJud

Yes, this is right up my strasse! Love how the brown leather creates that black stripe on the inside of the spine. What thickness of leather (in mm if you can - oz mean nothing to me).

This is also the kind of delicate stitching I'm hoping to achieve with mine, but the .08mm Tiger thread I bought might be too heavy. What thread have you used?

Truly, I am not sure. The goatskins were seconds and I just picked up some to experiment. I don't have a gauge so any guess on my part would be just that - a guess. Less than 2 oz would be my guess ( .8 mm). It is pretty thin though, but strong. I stitched this by machine using bonded 69 thread.

Thanks, rosiart.