My 1st project & 1st post .Figured I would practice on bracelet blanks.Made a lot of mistakes & not much tooling, more stamping but proud of myself anyways:) Any advice on keeping stamps ( lettering & border) straight would be greatly appreciated.

post-46803-0-23510000-1388359542_thumb.j

The stamp tool rule says always work away from you. 'Course, a lot of attention to detail is required. You can make that barbed wire look like a contious fence line. Just gotta line up the point.

We all started at the beginning and some has more God given talent than others. A good start. Keep at it and read, read, read,...................

If you behave :) , this is the best sight ever for information.

Gosh darn it, forgot something.

Welcome pilgrim.

Edited by Red Cent

Thanks so much for the welcome :)

When you are stamping letters, write it out first and maybe even check the dictionary. Then stamp it following a rule or lightly scribed line.

When stamping an item for a customer, especially names with some of the strange spellings today, get the customer to print out the letters, or type up, or email, and keep a copy. Then a miss spelling is his mistake, not yours ... if you followed his script.

Tom

Edited by northmount

It looks to me like you have the talent you just need to learn and practice the techniques.

for the barb wire I would have lightly run a line to use as a base to keep things lined up. You can do the same for the lettering.

Thanks all for advice :) I had to giggle at the spelling as is good advice if know me lol. As I have gotten older I tend to misspell often.Also I type dyslexic if do not go slow. Friends joke I have my own language :D

I didn't think to do a line for the border.Will try that next time !

Sadly I did for the letters and still messed up the I is higher and the spacing is off. the doodle I did under after exaggerated it even more :(

Will keep practicing :)

Don't be afraid to run guide lines for any type of stamping. Keep up the good work!