arocco

Where Do You Buy Your Leather?

Hi guys. My name is Darrell and I am the owner of Borlino. This morning I received an email from someone who chose to remain anonymous and who expressed their extreme unhappiness of our postings on this forum. I wasn't even aware of such posting or even the forum and was appalled that this had even taken place without my knowledge. This came from someone I hired to do SEO work for us. They took the liberty of becoming my voice and needless to say, I am very upset about this and assure all of you it will not continue.

I owe all the wonderful people who were kindly responding to his questions a tremendous apology. I feel terrible that this has happened. I assure you that I did not know this was taking place and had nothing to do with it at all. I'm trying now to find a way to delete this stuff. So please accept my sincere apology. I would have absolutely no reason to try to SPAM or sell you good people anything since you are all more than capable of producing nicer work than I make. I had a long conversation with this person and if something like this happens again, then he will be looking somewhere else for work. I don't think he knows even the first thing about leather products and the skills sets and sweat it takes to create the art that you all make with love and passion.

I wish there was more that I could do to express my sorrow along with my gratitude of the kindness you showed. Please forgive me for allowing this to happen under my nose. Based on spending some time today on this forum, it seems like a group of very wonderful people who love what they do and a community of artist who are willing to share their passion with fellow artists. I wish my introduction to this community had been far different than what it was. I have a profound respect for each fellow artist out there. God Bless and I wish you all continued success and happiness.

Are there any tanneries in New England? I'm in Providence RI and so far I've done all my shopping at Tandy, for two reasons. One, they're the only game in town, and two, I can go and see and touch things before I buy them. However, if I could buy in bulk from someone, I would switch in a heartbeat.

Check out www.caledonleather.ca they're based out of Calgary and are Canadian distributors of Herman Oak and Thoroughbred leather. Their site isn't the greatest and they don't have any kind of stock listings so you'll have to contact them directly to find out if they have what you're looking for. I haven't placed any orders with them as of yet, so if any fellow Canadians have had experience going through them I would love to hear some feedback.

They were great (I'm actually in Calgary too), but they're closing, so I'm on the hunt too. Apparently HO is talking to another Cdn firm right now in Calgary, but it might be a while before there's a source.

Thanks to everyone for the useful information! I am from Australia and just looking for high quality leathers for a reasonable price. After reading this thread, I found a number of sellers in the US. I am looking for Hermann Oak Tooling leather sides, which are very rare and expensive in Australia. The price of Hermann Oak here is twice of that in US. It is so frustrating. Luckily I have contacted a few US sellers online and trying to get the best quote on shipping.

I am extremely happy with Tundra Leather in Hamilton, On..

Have you perhaps looked into any of the domestic Australian tanneries, such as Greenhalgh?

I am leather merchant from india. If u wish I pr

ovide u leather straps for watches at reasonable prices.

In my residential area there are large tanneries. they

manufacturing different leather products.

I from Kanpur, India

Hey everyone, I'm completely new to this, I've only made a bifold credit card wallet and a couple of key fobs from a 8.5x11 piece of veg tan from the local Hobby Lobby. Needless to say, I think I've found a new hobby. I'm looking to buy a large piece of 4-5oz veg tan for some more projects and found this website, http://www.leatherunltd.com/leather/oak/oak.html, and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this company. I've been perusing the forums and didn't catch anything yet. Thank you!

I'm a "little guy" in leather work & crafting things for practice, small gifts & such. I can't quite justify the higher quality hides at this point. I use S T Leather out of St. Louis. So far they have THE BEST prices I've come across (nearly half of Tandy & better quality). I would like to try ordering straight from the tanneries, if anyone has inside information to do that and whom to go through, I would appreciate it.

Hi guys. My name is Darrell and I am the owner of Borlino. This morning I received an email from someone who chose to remain anonymous and who expressed their extreme unhappiness of our postings on this forum. I wasn't even aware of such posting or even the forum and was appalled that this had even taken place without my knowledge. This came from someone I hired to do SEO work for us. They took the liberty of becoming my voice and needless to say, I am very upset about this and assure all of you it will not continue.

I owe all the wonderful people who were kindly responding to his questions a tremendous apology. I feel terrible that this has happened. I assure you that I did not know this was taking place and had nothing to do with it at all. I'm trying now to find a way to delete this stuff. So please accept my sincere apology. I would have absolutely no reason to try to SPAM or sell you good people anything since you are all more than capable of producing nicer work than I make. I had a long conversation with this person and if something like this happens again, then he will be looking somewhere else for work. I don't think he knows even the first thing about leather products and the skills sets and sweat it takes to create the art that you all make with love and passion.

I wish there was more that I could do to express my sorrow along with my gratitude of the kindness you showed. Please forgive me for allowing this to happen under my nose. Based on spending some time today on this forum, it seems like a group of very wonderful people who love what they do and a community of artist who are willing to share their passion with fellow artists. I wish my introduction to this community had been far different than what it was. I have a profound respect for each fellow artist out there. God Bless and I wish you all continued success and happiness.

Darrell,

My respects to you. I'm always impressed with businesses who try to make things right. As a small businessman myself, I have come up against unhappy clients. Things smooth over so much better when we go out of our way to talk with them personally. Just the comment you posted, will make me want to look closer at your products. I feel better doing business with folks who do people right. Thanks.

Most of my leather comes from Springfield. I have ordered from a few other places, but mostly for HO veg tan or Horween. I'm planning on trying some new places for more variety, but I have two requests for leather distributors reading this.

Online shopping - I order stuff late at night, and spend several days putting things into and out of the cart. That's the main advantage of Springfield, and pretty much nobody else has as complete of an inventory online. Lists and even separate pages with images doesn't do much when I have to call during the day, ask about stuff not listed, write down my order and read it back to you. Others might not have a problem with that, but I do. Point and click = sales, and if I can do it for my rudimentary site, distributors need to take that step too.

Origin - everyone's proud to tell you about HO or Horween, but where the hell is the rest of the leather coming from? All those other European and South American tanneries have names, lets start using them. I've had some great imported leather, but that's really all I know. I'd like to be able to order other leathers from the good ones.

That's my two cents anyway.