I'm new to the forums and only a year old in leather. I wanted to know if anyone had any knowledge on a sewing machine I've got. It's a Thompson Mini Walker PW 103-A-GBP. I don't know much about it but I'm guessing it's the lightest duty in Ye Olde Thompson portable line. Vague, I know.. I apologize. That's about all I know.

I'll figure out how to upload some pics later when I'm not on my phone.

Essentially a Sailrite

On 1/9/2014 at 6:19 PM, BirchMan said:

I'm new to the forums and only a year old in leather. I wanted to know if anyone had any knowledge on a sewing machine I've got. It's a Thompson Mini Walker PW 103-A-GBP. I don't know much about it but I'm guessing it's the lightest duty in Ye Olde Thompson portable line. Vague, I know.. I apologize. That's about all I know.

I'll figure out how to upload some pics later when I'm not on my phone.

My name is Jackie. I was lucky to find thi Thompson pw 103-A  mini walking foot machine. I have been searching for a user manual with no luck. I happened to see your post on leatherworker.net . Have you got any info on this machine? Do you still use it? Its so hard to find anything out. It's a mystery  to me! I have it sewing like a dream and i love it but would love to know more about it. Hope this reaches you. 

I have the original owners manual for the Thompson mini walker. I’ll try and get that and post it up tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, Minnowgirl said:

My name is Jackie. I was lucky to find thi Thompson pw 103-A  mini walking foot machine. I have been searching for a user manual with no luck. I happened to see your post on leatherworker.net . Have you got any info on this machine? Do you still use it? Its so hard to find anything out. It's a mystery  to me! I have it sewing like a dream and i love it but would love to know more about it. Hope this reaches you. 

You should be able to glean a lot of information about using and adjusting your machine by watching the videos posted by Sailrite. They make portable stitchers based on the Thompson mini walker. It's also possible that their upgrades and accessories will fit your machine. Use the contact form and ask them.

@Garyak Do you still have the owners manual to this machine? I picked one up at an estate sell and seems to be in good working condition but I keep cutting the thread when I try to sew with it. If you’d be willing to send me a digital copy of it or something we could work out a deal or something. 

On 11/14/2023 at 9:42 PM, Garyak said:

I have the original owners manual for the Thompson mini walker. I’ll try and get that and post it up tomorrow. 

If it is too large a file for you to post, message me and I'll give you an email address to send it to me, and I will post it for you.  Thanks.