Gump

Adler 30-10

Well I finally found an Adler patcher. I had to pay $1500 cad, but this is the first one I have seen for sale in Nova Scotia period. It has a small motor in the base box with a worm gear drive. It is plenty slow but I don't know how the power will be. It uses 332L needles and I was wondering if it could use any other needle system, hopefully 135 x 17. It is a long arm machine, 18.5 in., quite a step up from my 1935 29 K 71. It sat for several years and needs some basic cleaning, but seems fairly tight. If it works out for me, I will sell my old 29 K 71, as i have replaced a lot of parts and made it sew without any hiccups. This is machine # 7,and yes it is an addiction to old iron, need help ?!? nahhh, well maybe lol. Gump

Congrats on your purchase. I wish I could help you out, I have no knowledge on sewing machines. Why did you decide to go to an Adler over the singer? The arm length?

Thanks,

Chris

Well the singer could still use a few more parts and is a 79 year old machine and only a treadle machine, to much work to convert it to servo power. Gump

Nope, it needs those long needles.

Well the singer could still use a few more parts and is a 79 year old machine and only a treadle machine, to much work to convert it to servo power. Gump

Aaaahhhhhh I didnt think of going from a treadle machine to an electric one. Im learning, Im learning

Thank you,

Chris

Is this a 30-10 or a 30-7? If it is a 30-7, it needs the longer needle system 332LG for round point, 333LL LG for leather point. If it is a 30-10 or 30 -1, it uses the system 332 round point which is the same as 29x3 like the Singer. You can also use the 135x17 system since they are basically the same needle. I do not use the 29x3 needles in any Singer I set up. The 135 x17 comes in more sizes, in Titanium and the 135x16 is available in more cutting tips than the 29x4 needles. Hope that helps.

shoepatcher

Shoepatcher; It is a 30-10, and the manual says it takes 332 L needle system. After I cleaned it, I took the needle out and it was a 135 x 16. I tried it with a new needle, and it sewed fine, so I tried a 29 x 4 dia and again sewed fine. This sure makes things simpler since I have lots of both systems and 332 L needles would have to ordered as no one local has them and the few places I could order them all want to sell bulk boxes [100]. Gump.