freezerfiller

Hello From Ga

Hello, I just signed up. I drew a tag for an alligator last year after 5 years of getting rejected, and with an incredible amount of beginners luck, I fell a couple of inches shy of the state record! Needless to say I have quite a bit of beautiful chocolate tanned alligator hide that I can't wait to make into some goods for me and my family. My plan is to start simple with some less expensive leather, and hopefully with your help and support from the forum, build the skills and courage to cut up that gorgeous hide and make some nice goods. From what I've read so far, it seems like I've found the right place!

Welcome to leatherworker.net from one Georgia Boy to another

I am in the north west part of the state, where are you located?

congrats on the gator hope to see something you made out of it soon.

A North fla welcome,,,,,, Gainsville Go Gators

David

Welcome to the forum!

Hello, I just signed up. I drew a tag for an alligator last year after 5 years of getting rejected, and with an incredible amount of beginners luck, I fell a couple of inches shy of the state record! Needless to say I have quite a bit of beautiful chocolate tanned alligator hide that I can't wait to make into some goods for me and my family. My plan is to start simple with some less expensive leather, and hopefully with your help and support from the forum, build the skills and courage to cut up that gorgeous hide and make some nice goods. From what I've read so far, it seems like I've found the right place!

Freezerfiller,

Welcome to the site, I'm in Southwest Georgia (Tifton) glad to see another Georgian on the site.

Chief

Welcome to the site from St. Simons Island.

Mike

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. St8line, I'm in Columbus. Chief, I know a few folks from Tifton and have some in my hunting club.

Edited by freezerfiller

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. St8line, I'm in Columbus. Chief, I know a few folks from Tifton and have some in my hunting club. Sorry Greystone, I'm an Auburn Tiger, but I'll take leatherwork advice from anyone. even the uneducated! :rofl:

If you get over this way, let me know and feel free to come by the shop.

Chief

Welcome to the best Leather site I know of ! Your Gator looks like a Grandaddy for sure, Congratulations !

I know I'm a bit late here, but I too will join the Ga observations, ho ho

I'm in the North West Ga mountains, @Summerville

Hope some great inspirationwill be afforded you here , and I know your hide will become something great.

Thanks Bill. Yeah, he was a whopper he was aged at 55 years old 12'10" long, estimated weight of 550#.

Dude, that's awesome. My son was begging me to make him some alligator armor. . . I told him it was unlikely to happen with real alligator. ;) Welcome to the forum! I'm from Atlanta, GA.

Thanks Monica! I checked out your site and you do some really nice work. It shouldn't be that unlikely to do it with real alligator, just have him go to the DNR website and enter the quota hunt. In about 5 years he can be hunting for his own armor!

Thanks! Yes, as he's only five years old now, that sounds like the wait would be just as well. ;)

Checked out your site, and some nice work. Welcome!

Andy