Sign in to follow this  
kk1992

Wallet Pattern Help

The wallet used in the demo that you have linked is an original design of the person who put the demo together. The idea of the demo was to explain the process behind how to make your own leather wallet which would require you to create your own design on how it is to be laid out. If you are looking for templates of wallet components then you may want to ask around if any of the members are willing to share them with you. I make my own patterns versus replicating others as it makes my product unique and being a registered business that makes a big difference in the marketing realm.

Good luck in your quest but if you have an idea of a design layout, start drawing it out and see where it leads. With every wallet I design I start with the interior parts to make sure that they all fit together properly. Once I have them drawn out I make copies of them and cut each piece out of paper and put it together as a test (dry fit). If something needs to be adjusted I make the changes to the main drawing and do another dry fit. Once this is all done you now know the dimensions of the exterior part (tooling back, etc.). Just make sure that you make the exterior slightly larger if the interior is a fixed design (no moving parts).

There are some resources available to members of leathercraft guilds that can get you started and they are very helpful. Most of them require a membership fee but once you have access to the member areas you will find a wealth of information and templates, patterns, etc. that are available for all to use.

Good luck in your hunt and feel free to PM me if you have any direct questions.