IslandMoose

Toyota Ls2 Ad3310 Or Adler 167-373?

I have a line on a Toyota LS2 AD331 at a very good price, with factory servo motor, needle position etc (something called "inching stitch"). At the same time I am looking at an Adler 167-373 that will need a servo motor. They are both in good used condition, but the Adler is $600 more than the Toyota.

I can't find anything about the Toyota, other than it is listed as a medium-heavy walking foot machine. The Adler is much better known.

For sewing mainly boat covers and light weight upholstery leather, which would you prefer given the difference in price?

Oddly, the Toyota is listed as taking "parts from a common Singer walking foot". I'm not aware of any Singers that look like this:

post-50376-0-26513200-1395977717_thumb.j

The outlines certainly suggest its DNA owes much to the Singer 211 family. I'd bet $5.

-DC

The Toyota is about $800USD, but bear in mind this is New Zealand, where everything is rare.

Buy the Toyota,the japanese make everything to a high tolerance, and use high quality steels and castings. It is hard to go wrong with their technology, they can copy anything, and make it better. Besides, Singer parts are easy to access. IMHO Gump.

Considering the prices I´d take the Toyota too.

But even when it has a little bit the look of an Singer 211 this does not mean that the parts will fit.

The Adler 167 looks like the Pfaff 145, Duerkopp 241 and Singer 155 and so on but they all use different parts. I would not count on it that the Singer parts will fit especially since you do not find much information about the Toyota machines!