I bought an old Landis 36 McKay and it is decent shape, aside from the shuttle mechanism which I was able to replace. Unfortuantely it was missing one Friction Disk Shifter Link. Part # 36-12-22. I have tried calling Landis and a few other machinery companies with no luck. Anyone got any leads? The assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

I have no Landis but what is a "Friction Disc Shifter Link"? Can you add a picture? You know, maybe one can help if he sees what you mean. ;)

frictionlink.jpg

Thanks Constabulary. It is one of the link arms that pulls the clutch pads together to engage the motor with the sewing mechanisms.

Did you check with Bob at Toledo Industrial Machine?

ferg

call Melanie Machine in california. They have lots of parts for lots of machines. Also Pilgrim Shoe and Sewing machine. speak with harris.

A machinist could make one in about 2hrs, might not be as pretty as cast but dimensions will make it work? Gary

is it flat in the other plane.? If it is I can make that part for you if you would send me a profile drawing and the thickness and size of the holes.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I had a local machinist make the part for me. Works great!