I finished this wallet this evening. I can't seem to get some of these browns to show correctly in a picture. The liner is chocolate and a bit lighter than the picture shows. The shell is pretty close. I like the contrast a lot more than I did when I started.

wallet finished

Edited by JoeSnuffie

Very nice work!

It looks really clean and nice!

joe what type of of leather and what oz are you using? the wallets look great

Thanks. The inside is 1.75oz calf skin. The outside is about a 4oz chrome tanned piece that I got from a couple lots of scraps.

well done. looks nice and clean.
About the colours:
I guess you use some sort of DSLR? Just try out the manual white balance with a white sheet of paper or sth like that instead of an automatic one. You might get better results that way if you are looking for the real colours.

sth=SOMETHING...just in case others don't feel like wasting time trying to look up some kind of internet shorthand.

well done. looks nice and clean.

About the colours:

I guess you use some sort of DSLR? Just try out the manual white balance with a white sheet of paper or sth like that instead of an automatic one. You might get better results that way if you are looking for the real colours.

I'm using my cell phone, a Samsung Note 3. I have a decent camera but I'm lazy and it's just so easy to post images from my phone. I played with the white balance settings last night and got a lot better results. I think I'll get some better lighting at my bench, as well. The more I sell stuff the more I see the need for better pictures.