jlb

Slobber Strap Pattern

Hi all,

I have a friend who asked me to make a pair of slobber straps for her. She offered me to use hers as a pattern, but she live about 1 1/2 hours away so I thought I'd check to see if any of you may have a pattern?

Thanks for all your help, the advice you all give is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

JLB. A couple of options.

1. Get your friend to e-mail you a pic of the slobber strap that is sitting on graph paper or on a hand drawn grid with each square about 1/2 ". You will then have a reference in order to transfer your pattern to something like a cereal box.

2. Find a pic off the internet your friend likes. You can then enlarge the pic in a photo copier until it is the right size. You'll know it is right when the width of the portion that wraps around the bit is the desired width.

3. Get your friend to tell you the width, length etc and draw yourself a pattern using your calibrated eyeball.

Barra

jlb

I scanned my slobber strap patterns. Some people do not like them this big, you could reduce them to any size you want.

Hope this gives you something to go on.

RussH

slobber_strap_pattern.png

post-720-1201037363_thumb.png

Russ, Barra

Thanks for the input and the pattern. I will keep you informed of my progress.

Jeff

Thank you for posting the pattern. I'm just learning leather working and wanting to learn different Harness making techniques. I think this will be a good place to start out at.

Jeff, did you make the slobber straps? How did they turn out?

If you want to learn Harnessmaking check out www.proleptic.net they have a GREAT harness making manual. My dad's a harness maker so I might be able to answer questions, being that I worked along side him for years.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to make them. Buying a piece of a land and driving 2 hrs to work, has me busy as h*ll. I plan to work on these on Sunday. I'll keep you updated. Thanks for checking!!!

Thank you for posting the pattern. I'm just learning leather working and wanting to learn different Harness making techniques. I think this will be a good place to start out at.

Jeff, did you make the slobber straps? How did they turn out?