Constabulary

Singer 133K - Information Wanted

That machine is a non-feeding bag closer, or freehand pattern stitcher/tacker.

That machine is a non-feeding bag closer, or freehand pattern stitcher/tacker.

That confirms my suspicion.

I have been thinking of uses for this machine all afternoon, and surprisingly, i have come to the conclusion that if one fell into my lap at the right price (almost free), i would use it.

The darning, patching, bartacking, pattern sewing for sure, however i could see myself rigging up a puller and sewing bag sides with it, off/on the arm style.

Yes, it´s a sack darning or bag closing machine you cannot sew leather goods with this machine. Anyway, I have a PDF 133K8 sewing machine manual I could send you when you send me your email address by PM file is too big to attach.

The administrators of this site REALLY need to work on a mechanism that allows us to upload larger files for manuals and other special cases so we can share them with all users. Who owns this place?

The administrators of this site REALLY need to work on a mechanism that allows us to upload larger files for manuals and other special cases so we can share them with all users. Who owns this place?

I understand the limits on picture size, however there are various member levels, it would be a good perk for heavy contibutors to the site to have an increase in file size for pdfs and the like along with a bigger inbox. I know i have a few i could throw on here if there was a way. The thing is, because the volume and traffic of people downloading pdfs is so much lower, pdf hosting could even be hosted offsite, at a cheaper data-store. Most people will wait for a longer pdf download if it means they actually get the manual they need.

In France for big files I can use http://dl.free.fr/index_nojs.pl

But no protected files ... Or contents

There are quite a few data stores out there, I was leaning towards having a section within this site for pdfs that is an integral part of the site, however it is contained offsite, at cheaper hosting if the data volume becomes to big. When you pay for hosting, you pay for bandwidth and storage. The bigger the site, and the greater the traffic, the more it costs. They charge for either and both. The daily traffic in pdf downloads is low enough that it could be shoved off to a lower bandwidth hosting solution to keep the cost down.

The issue then becomes who will police it for copyright and other issues of propriety. Would need a separate moderator for that to approve uploads.

I think it would be a very useful addition to this site, considering the number of linked pdfs already here, and the number of broken links to pdfs in old threads.

Hi Constabulary

I was trying to open the link you provided with the down load as I have a Singer 133K10 and was wanting a copy of the user manual , but it appears the link is not working now. Do you still have it available ? 

Cheers Don

Thanks a lot Constabulary for the updated link, it was just what I was looking for. It's nice to have the manual for my singer 133k10 now as in the near future I want to learn how to use it. 

On 10/13/2014 at 8:14 PM, Constabulary said:

Was a busy sewing machine weekend - I`m finally done with my 133K3 setup.

Got the Jack servo motor last weeks and puzzled everything together now. I will add smaller 40mm pulleys to my motors but its working well already. The 133K goes through 12mm stiff webbing but it needs some speed but it works!

The 2 machines under the table can be switched with the 2 mounted machines. But I have to make a small frame for the 29K73 so I can use the same wing screws to mount it on the table.

post-31854-0-27131700-1413224014_thumb.j

post-31854-0-94849900-1413224017_thumb.j

post-31854-0-66186800-1413224020_thumb.j

post-31854-0-24116500-1413224023_thumb.j

post-31854-0-79091800-1413224025_thumb.j

post-31854-0-88838200-1413224027_thumb.j

post-31854-0-27717000-1413224030_thumb.j

How could i make the same to a 133k8 i´m interested right now? Could you say what tools did you use as well the mechanical restoration you did?

Also could you inform how it is to work with this machine ( what type of projects do you sew with it, the lenght of the stitch, etc).

Is it easy to find spare parts to this machine, and does it cause too muchh trouble?

I have been sewing webbing with it but I replaced the machine with a Singer 45D91. I usually have sewn with 4-6mm stitch length. Regarding tools - well it basically was a couple of screw drivers. I cleaned the internal mechanics with paint thinner. Spare parts you find galore at College Sewing in the UK:

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/parts-by-machine/singer-sewing-machine-parts/singer-132b-132k-133k-parts

Seiko SK-2 and Mitsubishi DY253 are similar and share a lot of parts.

Mechanically... well I replaced a few parts like check spring, bobbin case retainer spring and feed dog the rest was cleaning, painting and needle / hook timing and smaller adjustments here and there.

If you want to restore your machine please open a new thread for it.

Check this thread there is a manual for the 132K6 flat bed version linked but the needle /hook timing values are the same as for the 133K8 cylinder machine.

Edited by Constabulary

On 4/5/2020 at 8:29 AM, Constabulary said:

I have been sewing webbing with it but I replaced the machine with a Singer 45D91. I usually have sewn with 4-6mm stitch length. Regarding tools - well it basically was a couple of screw drivers. I cleaned the internal mechanics with paint thinner. Spare parts you find galore at College Sewing in the UK:

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/parts-by-machine/singer-sewing-machine-parts/singer-132b-132k-133k-parts

Seiko SK-2 and Mitsubishi DY253 are similar and share a lot of parts.

Mechanically... well I replaced a few parts like check spring, bobbin case retainer spring and feed dog the rest was cleaning, painting and needle / hook timing and smaller adjustments here and there.

If you want to restore your machine please open a new thread for it.

Check this thread there is a manual for the 132K6 flat bed version linked but the needle /hook timing values are the same as for the 133K8 cylinder machine.

Ok. Nice info. Thanks