Sometimes simple just works, to me, this just works. I got a Macbook Air, naturally it needed a case :spoton:10401951_1496018830614767_49721125123591

10389076_1496018850614765_70238000476450

10400818_1496018900614760_70712939047146

So did you airbrush the letters on? It looks pretty awesome!

Thank you for the kind words. I guess i should have said something, it is laser engraved.

I really like how you did the buckle.

Thank you for the kind words. I guess i should have said something, it is laser engraved.

That is even cooler!

Thanks guys! Sometimes I feel like I am cheating. I just put it in the laser and it cuts it out and engraves it. All i do is sew it up and make the patterns. I am trying to look at like an art of a different kind......all of these guys do beautiful work tooling leather...well I can't do that but, I can work in adobe AI :)

Sometimes it is very important to know what you are good at. However, If I can mash stamps onto leather and produce a design so can you. By the same token I know if I spend enough time learning adobe (I use inkscape b/c its free) I can create cool laser cut designs. It's really a function of how bad you want it.

Sometimes it is very important to know what you are good at. However, If I can mash stamps onto leather and produce a design so can you. By the same token I know if I spend enough time learning adobe (I use inkscape b/c its free) I can create cool laser cut designs. It's really a function of how bad you want it.

Thats true, I enjoy the design side of leather crafting. When I do the tooling its harder to get whats in my head out in the leather, but I guess thats true for most people.

I got the laser to cut out patterns for my holsters. I wasn't even thinking about the engraving side of it. Now it has become a big part of my business and one of the things that sets me apart from the crowd.

Dude, you got a laser cutter? Cool. Also, very nice case. I love it. The closing tab, the laser engraving, and everything. It looks really classy. I don't think laser cutting is cheating; you still had to put it together, and it doesn't look like tooling, it looks like laser engraving, which is cool.

I'm with both Joe's and Monica.

If you say its laser, its laser and not tooled, thats not cheating at all ! You did have to learn Adobe in the first place Right ? you simply found yourself a knitch in which to use your learned skill, Thats cool. I like everything about it ... Great work !

When my daughter seen my macbook case, she wanted me to make her an iPad case. She is an english major, this has something to do with literature...... I don't know I just do what she tells me :)

ipadair-3.jpg

ipadair-2.jpg

ipadair-1.jpg

Edited by Stitch Dex Holsters

May I ask what laser engraver set up you have? Also how much you paid for the total setup? Thanks!

Jess,

I bought a Rabbit laser....before shipping, installation and training it was $6,400.00 for the model I got. So far they have been nothing but helpful from the beginning. I can't say enough good things about everyone there.