Where do I find the brass or steel hooks for ad adjustable rifle sling? I've looked at Tandy and Hidecrafter, adn couldn't find one. I made mine adjustable with the line 24 snaps. any ideas would be appreciated

Where do I find the brass or steel hooks for ad adjustable rifle sling? I've looked at Tandy and Hidecrafter, adn couldn't find one. I made mine adjustable with the line 24 snaps. any ideas would be appreciated

russinchico,

I think you are looking for a Conway Buckle. This would hold weight and not come unhooked or unsnapped when under pressure.

1536-00-M.JPGConway Buckle 1" Nickel Plated

1536-00 For horse tack, halters, shoulder bag straps and narrow belts. Center post buckle lets you adjust from both ends. For general tack repair.

Club Price $1.00 ea

Your Price $1.29 ea

They are available at Tandyleatherfactory dot com

They are avail. in different widths too.

You'll get the best steel hooks, frogs, from Brownell's; look in their competition sector. Siegel's of CA have light weight brass hooks if you just want a simple carry strap, but they aren't up to military spec if you're talking a real sling for position shooting; they have 1 1/4" Conways if you want a wider carry strap instead of a 1 inch strap. I like them a lot for a hasty setup. Just to clarify my terms: I don't call 'em slings unless you can loop-up in them and get steady. If they're just for hucking over the shoulder and a down and dirty hasty positon when a good rest isn't available I call 'em carry straps. That's just me, don't make it right, and not trying to start an argument, but it keeps it right in my miniture military mind ... lol! There's slings and there's straps.

You'll get the best steel hooks, frogs, from Brownell's; look in their competition sector. Siegel's of CA have light weight brass hooks if you just want a simple carry strap, but they aren't up to military spec if you're talking a real sling for position shooting; they have 1 1/4" Conways if you want a wider carry strap instead of a 1 inch strap. I like them a lot for a hasty setup. Just to clarify my terms: I don't call 'em slings unless you can loop-up in them and get steady. If they're just for hucking over the shoulder and a down and dirty hasty positon when a good rest isn't available I call 'em carry straps. That's just me, don't make it right, and not trying to start an argument, but it keeps it right in my miniture military mind ... lol! There's slings and there's straps.

thanks for the info, and your right, there is a difference.