Colt W Knight

Juki Lu-562 - Opiniona

Basically, I am curious about the value and capabilities of this machine. It popped up on craigslist, and the guy needs some cash. I thought it might be a good opportunity, but I know nothing about sewing machines. Essentially, I am planning on buying a CB3200 if a used machine doesn't pop up.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/for/4620694505.html

Regards,

Colt

The LU-562 is a decent walking foot machine. They only have a standard bobbin, whereas the 563 has a double capacity bobbin. The price is a bit high for a machine that the seller admits needs work. If you need to send it to a dealer for repairs, the cost will go up a lot. Have you checked with any dealers for good, working walking foot machines? You might pay a few hundred more, but get one that sews properly and probably has a servo motor.

Or, you might get real lucky and learn that the only reason it needs timing is because the safety clutch disengaged the shuttle to protect it after a thread jam. But, don't count on it.

I have checked with the local dealers, and no one in town carries used/new machines suitable for leather. One store can order more expensive leather sewing machines. I haven't contacted any of the folks out of town for a used machine though.

I have checked with the local dealers, and no one in town carries used/new machines suitable for leather. One store can order more expensive leather sewing machines. I haven't contacted any of the folks out of town for a used machine though.

Have you contacted our member-dealers who's ad banners appear on top of every page here?

Not yet. I will be ready to purchase a machine later this month, and I will check with them then. I was hoping that something decent would pop up local before then. However, I have been watching the classifieds for months now, and everything that seams to be a real leather sewing machine sells for basically retail of what new cowboy or cobra machines sell for.

I had a " used Juki 562" that I purchased off of Craigslist. It will sew thin leather but the main problem is the small bobbin size, that will get old quick,

I have purchased a hand full of used machines in the past and one thing that I have learned is that if the seller says that it needs "timed" it's normally more than that and I have to deduct $200 because that what I figure the minumum it will take for a professional to get it running.

I sold my 562 for $500 in perfect working order, if that helps you base your price.

Scott

Edited by Sunnyside Scott

I think I just officially gave up on used machines, and I am going to just buy a new one.

Can't go far wrong with a new one.

I was just going to mention there is a Singer 531 and a Consew 756R on CL there in Tucson, but no prices posted.

-DC

Can't go far wrong with a new one.

I was just going to mention there is a Singer 531 and a Consew 756R on CL there in Tucson, but no prices posted.

-DC

A few months ago, they had prices posted for those machines, and they were really high.