thekid77

Burnishing Inside Tight Corners?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to burnish leather inside tight corners (90 degrees and less)?

normally, I just use a piece of canvas or wood slicker, but if the angle the leather is cut at doesn't allow those two things to get in to burnish the leather, what do you guys use?

I have a burnisher with a curved but fine point on the end. You have to burnish from front and back separately rather than both at the same time, but it works.

Bill

I've got a hole burnisher from Pro Edge Burnishers that has a fine point to it. If that does not work I use a modeling spoon I keep around for detailing my holsters. Like Bill said, you have to do front then back. And if you can't get the edge you want with liquid, try rubbing some wax on the edge or on the tool.

I have a burnisher with a curved but fine point on the end. You have to burnish from front and back separately rather than both at the same time, but it works.

Bill

Thank you for sharing Bill, I will definitely heed the advice!!

I've got a hole burnisher from Pro Edge Burnishers that has a fine point to it. If that does not work I use a modeling spoon I keep around for detailing my holsters. Like Bill said, you have to do front then back. And if you can't get the edge you want with liquid, try rubbing some wax on the edge or on the tool.

Thank you Jason, I think I need to make the edge burnisher next on my shopping list...great advice!! :D