Cthomas1998

Assembling New Consew 206Rb5. Pulley Won't Turn

I'm just assembling my new Consew 206rb5. Im a little concerned. Shouldn't the pulley be able to rotate? It is extremely stiff. Any suggestions?

With no belt, it should turn easily. If you have it belted to a motor, depress the pedal slightly to release the motor brake.

Tom

Yes, this is without a belt. Is there some.sort of shipping mechanism that locks it while its being shipped?

Yes, this is without a belt. Is there some.sort of shipping mechanism that locks it while its being shipped?

Not that I have ever seen. Contact the seller about this. Something has shifted inside the machine and may be binding the mechanism; possibly from impact from rough handling or being dropped. Or, if that didn't occur, the machine may not have been setup and adjusted before it was sold to you. Where did you purchase the machine? Was it "drop shipped" from the Orient?

Thanks Wiz. I bought this from Zamir Sew in Los Angeles. It was set up and tested there before shipping. I have a call into him now, and just waiting for his return call. I should have paid the extra $$ to have it shipped fully assembled.

Ok, HUGE sigh of relief !!!! I was so afraid I'd screwed this brand new machine up. But luckily, the only thing wrong was I put the hand wheel on too tight and it was pressing against a hub that I couldn't see due to how it's mounted. Thank you all so very much for your help. There was nothing that said, "put the hand wheel on the shaft til it bottoms out and then back it off before tightening the screws". Again, I will suggest to anyone not familiar with sewing machines, pay the extra money to have them send it pre-assembled.

I bought one from Zamir, what an obnoxious BoZo. Okay I shouldn't have said it but believe me, if you can get screwed he will find a way to do it.

To be totally truthful, he has treated me pretty good so far. I got myself into this by choosing to save money and assemble it myself. I should have realized from past experience that most things from China dont have good instructions. Zamir did send me several pictures and a set of instructions that were marginally better than the factories documentation. I'm just really grateful for you guys and that I didn't totally destroy this machine.

I bought a 206rb-5 from Zamir a couple of years back, it arrived set up perfectly, and hasn't needed any further adjustment in the time I've had it. I had looked locally for a silver 206 forever, and finally had to jump ugly for a white one. I've had no issues at all with the machine or Zamir.

-DC