Evo160K

Did The Supplier Ship The Correct Needles?

Second video: it didn't fit on the previous post

Slide Mechanism Fully up IMG_3001.MOV

Thanks again Constabulary.

Well, I don´t have the time to translate the entire manual - I´m sorry. If it had contained one page (or so) with information you really needed I would have translated it but the main information are the same you can get from Singer 29K or Adler 30 manuals as well.

But I have to admit that this is the most detailed patcher manuals I have ever seen! It even explaines that you can shift the needle slightly sideways by loosening the needle holder screw. - pretty interesting. I have not noticed this information in other patcher manuals.

post-31854-0-04898600-1415525241_thumb.j

Thats what I said before - it is for darning! ;)

Thats something nice I´d say, I could use a darning device on my 29K71too and I hope I can make one

But now that I see the video - I think I don´t need a special darning device. When I lift my foot lever it stays in this position... will try if it works for darning.... :)

EDIT:

no - darning is not working at my 29K71 with just a lifted foot. So its probably something different.

Edited by Constabulary

Did the second video open for you? It seems to indicate the foot is moving the material back and forth, without lifting, Is that how darning works?

I apologize for the orientation, computers are not my thing.

There you go ..partially up..vertical.. HTH :)

Slide Mechanism Partially up.mov

Fully up ..vertical ( had to make two posts due to upload file size limits here )..NB..I had to squash this one ( so the proportions are a little off ) to get it under the file size limit for uploads..could have kept the proportions accurate , but was working fast ( busy on other stuff ) ..Hope it helps anyway :)

Slide Mechanism Fully upR.mov

Mikesc,

Am I dreaming or are they the same video? Thank you for correcting the orientation, thank you very much. It was good of you to do that.

Edited by Evo160K

Am I dreaming or are they the same video?

Ooooops !! ;)

Told you I was in a hurry when I did the re-orientation..( my son's Linux machine had just decided to refuse to allow him to log in, I was in the middle of swapping his HD into another machine to get access to all his files and safeguard them before a wipe and re-install, had hardware spread out every where from 3 machines, plus the one I was trans-coding and re-orientating your files on )..Yep , both files I uploaded were in fact the "slide mechanism fully up"..sorry about that ( red faced )..Here is the "slide partially up" ( in vertical )..Hard to tell them apart , only the primrose yellow part at the bottom of the frame in the "slide partially up" made me notice when I looked again..

Slide Mechanism Partially up IMG_2999a.MOV

I was in the middle, had hardware spread out every where from 3 machines, plus the one......

Whoa!! That's impressive, really impressive. I have difficulty working one machine, let alone four. Thanks again Mikesc.

Edited by Evo160K

We have 10 computers ( some windows, some linux ) here in the house ( one of our other businesses is websites and computer security ) most of them with double monitors hooked upto each..then there are the tablets and smart-phones etc ( have to be able to see that everything is working / looks OK on mobile devices as well as desktops when you build websites, even if, as now, we build "responsive" sites )..hardware spread everywhere, and computers with their innards out happens sometimes, plus the cat walked on a power strip switch and killed a switching hub that lets 5 of them connect to the innerwebtubes ( I didn't notice he had done that, I thought a cable had died , and so was also trailing coils of , cable and splicing plugs, dinner was very late here this evening ), however, all works fine again now :)..Need to finish building the garage so I have somewhere to put the sewing machines.

Our last place had over 2500 sq feet of workshop / loft space, you can really spread out like that..I miss it..But then here we are a slow 2 minute walk from the sea ( beach is near deserted most of the year ) , so..you win some, you lose some..but another couple of hundred square feet would be nice..

BTW..Nice bike ..when we had the big workshop / loft our main business was high end trompe-l'oeil decoration, carnival and circus decoration, and custom painting on bikes , boats trucks and cars..

Anyway..glad to help out..looking at videos with your head on one side is bad for the neck..

( I'll try to get the time to put a short tutorial in the "web" section of the site here about how to do basic things like "flip" videos and add watermarks to them and to photos , using freeware on the various Operating Systems, computers are not so hard, if you just take them slowly and have clear instructions, and you don't "click just to see what the button does" )..now I'll quit hi-jacking your thread ;)

10 computers! Again I'm impressed. No way are you high-jacking anything. There must be many others who would appreciate a tutorial on videos and such. Isn't the cat taking a chance walking among those power cords?

Thanks for the comment on the Harley. Here's a quick side shot, perhaps you can see the ghost flames. Would trompe-l'oeil lend itself to vehicles?

post-52198-0-54814400-1415595828_thumb.j

Thanks again Mikesc.