Todd

Cowboys Complete Saddle Making Book

I'm looking for a copy of John Hoppers "Cowboys Complete Saddle Making". "Help"

Wow, I got mine a couple years ago and thought that 200.00 was too much to pay. Does anyone know what happened to John Hopper? I have heard stories that he is in prison for muder. Unknown if that is true. I tried to contact someone refernce the book but ran into a dead end every were I went. Even the publisher is no longer in business.

I hope you're ready to pay big bucks. I wanted one too but not at that price. Not that I'm saying it's not worth it but it isn't worth it to me for $500-$700.

Art

there one on ebay now its at $75

Not worth 5 to 700 bucks but that is why they are still for sale. Those have been on Amazon forever. The book on e-bay right now has a high reserve as well.

It seems like these books kind of sell more on their collectible value most of the time than the actual information in them. Another one that tends to sell high but has pretty good info is the one by John Beck.

I bought my Cowboys Complete a few years ago for about $90 or so on Ebay, probably worth that to me. Sometimes they'll sell around that, and other times way more. Just depends on how many dogs in the fight. I've seen them in some used book stores for $50 and $500. I don't know how many were ever printed and sold. The saddlemaking section is alright, but the section on making other things in the back is pretty good.

I bought my copy from John´s ex wife a couple of years ago ($122 incl shipping to Sweden, I thought it was expensive at the time!). I have her adress written down so contact me : old-timer at telia dot com and you´ll get the adress. Don´t know if she still lives there and if she has books for sale now.The story I´ve heard about John goes that he kidnapped his wife at gunpoint when she had left him = Idaho state prison.

Edited by Denise
edit e-mail addy to prevent spam

Hi, I was just reading the comments about John Hopper. I was a correctional officer at the state prison in Boise, Idaho and yes that is where John Hopper resides. I remember him because he was in the unit I worked in. He is doing time for kidnapping his wife, he tops his sentence in 2012. He scooted around in a wheelchair and refused to walk, I'm not sure why.

Anyway that's the low-down on John Hopper.

Theresa

Hi, I was just reading the comments about John Hopper. I was a correctional officer at the state prison in Boise, Idaho and yes that is where John Hopper resides. I remember him because he was in the unit I worked in. He is doing time for kidnapping his wife, he tops his sentence in 2012. He scooted around in a wheelchair and refused to walk, I'm not sure why.

Anyway that's the low-down on John Hopper.

Theresa

A sad story about a skilled saddlemaker !

Conclusion: If the old lady leaves you, let her be! There is a whole world full of women out there waiting for you!( mostly used, but in good shape and low milage ) ;)

Edited by oldtimer