Yanni

Pneumatic Foot Lift

A word from the wise. The aftermarket pittman rod air switches aren't that great. I would use a foot pedal air switch which would go right where the chain lift pedal is/was. That way you're not going to hit your footlift accidently while moving your treadle back to the brake/neutral position and you don't loose any positive feel between your treadle and your motor. On a flatbed, I prefer the knee lift air switch. Works like an old school knee lift, but with an air switch.

Regards, Eric

Where can I get a knee lift air switch or a pedal one from?

I've got an efka servo motor installed so unlike in a clutch motor

there is no stop on the heel press.

Thanks.

Edited by Yanni

One of our sponsors here might have access to them. I buy from Universal Sewing Supply. They have an online catalog. Even with a servo motor, I prefer a separate air switch.

Regards, Eric

I have set up one of my Juki machines with an air-actuated foot lift....built mostly using off-the-shelf parts. If you adjust the heel stroke on your foot pedal somewhat generously, its not particularly snarky about accidentally engaging it. Poor video of the action here:

-DC

I think the foot treadle switch is the way to go, still, and like said, the quality is not the best in the history of sewing, but I sell the same item offered here and make it work no problem.

Only one's I've seen that are better are sold here in the states, and I have some good used ones, but I really do use the same same as what you are showing from College, they work and are not bad, and have flow control valves installed as well, so you can control cylinder speed so it's not going to hammer up and down when moving.

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing