plinkercases

Reliable Corp. Barracuda - Portable Walking Foot Machine?

Has anyone ever used one of these? It has been demonstrated on up to 5/16 thick (12mm) of cowhide.

Customer reviews on the site are excellent but wonder if there are any leather workers who have used it?

5/16" is 7.9 mm. 12 mm is a hair under 1/2".

That is quite a difference when looking at how well it will sew leather.

Tom

yes I wasn't clear... the test piece I saw in a video was 3 layers totaling 5/16 but the foot height can go as high as 12mm.

I have one..quickly upgraded to the Techsew 2750 pro and love it..if you really want to sew leather DO NOT get the reliable..great for sailcloth and thick fabric etc...If you have more questions about the reliable or techsew...fire away!

Thanks for the feed back. I mostly work on holsters and sheaths and hand stitch but do have a Boss and a Singer 96K51 (which think I will someday soon put a servo motor on)... however, I just bought some needles and thread from Reliable here in Toronto and they passed on a cut sheet in this little machine so though I would ask around.

It'll take a while, but I think if you search the Internet enough you might find that the Reliable Barracuda comes out of the same factory in China that makes Sailrite machines.

literature state Taiwan. I am pretty sure it is a none starter for me anyhow but thought... is this too good to be true?