snubbyfan

Christmas Present From My Wife

I've been doin' more leatherwork lately and I've kinda outgrown my work area. We have a heavy metal work bench in our basement and I was thinkin of fixing up a leatherwork station down there one day.

My wife wasn't too fond of the idea of me walkin' up and down steps with my gimpy legs and came up with an alternative plan.

She likes doing puzzles and came up with a way to put a work station right here in our living room. This thing's 48" wide 29" deep and 36" high, just the right size.

Now it's sitting in a corner of our living room, all nice and clean and set up as my own personal leatherworking station.

Not only does she not complain about me doing leather work in the living room but she spent the time visualizing and planning a way to make an actual leatherworking station right here in our living room.

Don't know what I did to deserve having such a wonderful woman as a wife but I'm glad I did.

bench_zps6185b2ce.jpg

Hug her for nothing in particular, and remember her commitment to you is probably your greatest asset. I will wager you love each other more than you love yourselves. I too am so very blessed to have someone who adores me. Cherish every second you get to share with her! Seems to me you both found keepers.

jr

Edited by JREESER1

Your going to have to keep your work area very clean. I too had a spot in our rather large living room because of my disability but it wasn't long before the dust, some oops, smells, etc forced her to evict me, lol. It did workout though now I have a little 12x16 shop full of goodys and were both happy. She even helps me clean it sometimes.

That cat looks just like mine --- I have a work area in my "Man Cave" in addition to my leather shop behind the house, and my cat's love to play around every time I am working in the house --- they love the thread and leather strips that fall on the floor...

Edited by Tramps Leatherworking

Hey Snubbyfan,

Great looking setup. We are fortunate to have wonderful spouses and at times, wonder how they put up with us. lol.

Tramps mentioned that he has a cat that looks like yours. Make that three of us. Had one like that as a child and he was a real pal and in later years we rescued several cats and amongst them was my "Mick". He is a character and loves to ride in the car and UTV when I am able to get to the shop.

Noticed the skull on top of the shelf. What is it made of? I have an anatomical skull, used by a med school and still don't know why I picked it up in my scrounging travels. Just something unusual, I suppose.

Keep up the good craft and enjoy life every day.

God Bless.

Ray

You have a nice wife!

Get her something completely superfluous, fun, and romantic for Christmas!!!

Your going to have to keep your work area very clean. I too had a spot in our rather large living room because of my disability but it wasn't long before the dust, some oops, smells, etc forced her to evict me, lol. It did workout though now I have a little 12x16 shop full of goodys and were both happy. She even helps me clean it sometimes.

I've done some dying and glueing in the living room, even an oops or two. Most of my sanding is done out in our garage with a drill press mounted sanding drum. The garage is set up as a wood shop. I used to make custom furniture.

That cat looks just like mine --- I have a work area in my "Man Cave" in addition to my leather shop behind the house, and my cat's love to play around every time I am working in the house --- they love the thread and leather strips that fall on the floor...

Problem I have is that he likes to play with the threads while I'm stitching.

Hey Snubbyfan,

Great looking setup. We are fortunate to have wonderful spouses and at times, wonder how they put up with us. lol.

Tramps mentioned that he has a cat that looks like yours. Make that three of us. Had one like that as a child and he was a real pal and in later years we rescued several cats and amongst them was my "Mick". He is a character and loves to ride in the car and UTV when I am able to get to the shop.

Noticed the skull on top of the shelf. What is it made of? I have an anatomical skull, used by a med school and still don't know why I picked it up in my scrounging travels. Just something unusual, I suppose.

Keep up the good craft and enjoy life every day.

God Bless.

Ray

It was a present, it's antique silver colored, carved in a Celtic pattern and cast in resin. It's pretty cool.

Celtic_zpsc905baab.jpg

You have a nice wife!

She's the definition of a sweetheart.

Get her something completely superfluous, fun, and romantic for Christmas!!!

She wanted a new washer, it's getting delivered Tuesday. It's what she wants, it's what she's gonna get. She's very practical.

She's a keeper!

She's a keeper!

That she is.

First thing off my new bench;

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=60428

I've done some dying and glueing in the living room, even an oops or two. Most of my sanding is done out in our garage with a drill press mounted sanding drum. The garage is set up as a wood shop. I used to make custom furniture.

Problem I have is that he likes to play with the threads while I'm stitching.

It was a present, it's antique silver colored, carved in a Celtic pattern and cast in resin. It's pretty cool.

Celtic_zpsc905baab.jpg

She's the definition of a sweetheart.

She wanted a new washer, it's getting delivered Tuesday. It's what she wants, it's what she's gonna get. She's very practical.

This skull can be used as form mould, very cool, nice wife

Some of us are really blessed mines been with me for 39 years and I've been disabled for 34 of them. Yupp we have keepers , my work areas in the living room too only thing not allowed to stamp after 9 pm not to hard to put up with I think. Silverbullet