Chayne

127W1 Singer

I've never seen a 127 machine before. But, it has the basic appearance of a short arm upper and needle feed machine I used to own. It took up to #69 bonded thread and sewed about 1/4 inch or leather.

Good luck with your restoration project. Parts are likely to not be available, unless you find another similar machine for parts.

Ouch! No way to get a bigger thread on it huh? The research I've done says 138 with size 20-22 needle 134x1

There's a 127 and a 127w which they go up to 127w99

If that is true, it can sew with #92 thread, maybe up to #105. You should use a #23 leather point needle with #138 thread, top and bottom.

Bob Kovar at Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines and Gregg at Keystone sewing are the ones to ask about ancient Singer sewing machines.

Lol bob never heard of the machine I already tried.. I was hoping it would see 277 if any way possible

Lol bob never heard of the machine I already tried.. I was hoping it would see 277 if any way possible

Ok,now I've seen a pic & have to tell you with that type of hook & bobbin case it is a light duty machine.You will probably be able to use #69 & maybe #92 but that would be it.

Congrats on an interesting find. I enjoy seeing these old dinosaurs still stitching. Hopefully you will get it sewing like a champ and with a little practice you may really enjoy treadling the beast. Even though it probably takes only 92 thread at best, as a cylinder arm it may become a valuable go to machine in your work. Maybe kinda like a patch machine... you might not use it often, but for certain things its there. Sometimes when you already have the machine your work changes course a bit to incorporate its use.

Its definitely a rare machine, as ISMACs does not have any listing on it. You might want to contact them as they have the best info on Singers that I have come across, and they would probably be glad to have a pic and any info they could get. Gump.

Thanks y'all even though its not what I wanted to hear. Hey Bob think I can push to 138? For the price I purchased it for I don't believe I'll be at a loss considering its all there even the spool holder and doesn't look bad. If I can't push it to at leat 138 I'll fix the bugs and whatever I can and just sell it.

Sorry my mistake 92 at best huh? Hmm well I did see a pick of it sewing hatbands in and I do make hats so we'll soon see. Yes Gump I was planning on giving all info and what I've learned from it from tinckering with it to pass it on. The machines went from 127w1-127w99. Machine head I rebuilt a 29-4 with cowboybobs help so I am familiar with these guys but I could a swore if I did 138 on a a 29-4 that this machine would do the same if not better

Hi Chayne, I recently started fixing up a 127w2, and I'm looking for few parts. From my understanding the w1 and w2 are quite similar. Any chance you'd be willing to part with the paperweight?

1 hour ago, C3PO said:

Hi Chayne, I recently started fixing up a 127w2, and I'm looking for few parts. From my understanding the w1 and w2 are quite similar. Any chance you'd be willing to part with the paperweight?

The post you replied to is from January 6, 2015. Chayne has not logged onto this forum since December 4, 2015. Still, I wish you luck in your hunt for unobtanium parts.

21 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

The post you replied to is from January 6, 2015. Chayne has not logged onto this forum since December 4, 2015. Still, I wish you luck in your hunt for unobtanium parts.

Thanks Wizcrafts. Yes I noticed the dates, just figured it can’t hurt to try. 

48 minutes ago, C3PO said:

Thanks Wizcrafts. Yes I noticed the dates, just figured it can’t hurt to try. 

Have you contacted some long time industrial sewing machine dealers? Some who have been in business for 40 or more years could possibly have that type of machine on a steel shelf in a back room where old machines go to die or get resurrected.

I got a 127w2 from a old glove co, it missing bottom shaft ,lots of good parts .still has a the original belt .