Josh Ashman

Holsters With Built In Mag Pouches

I get orders for these from time to time and they really aren't my favorite thing to build but I do think they're kinda cool after they're done, while building they are a dumb idea :cowboy:!

All previous ones have been for single stack magazines, some 1911's, Ruger MK II's and a Walther P22. The BHP was pain to get to fit and I don't think I'd take another order for a double stack.

HO 8 oz and Fiebings black pro oil dye finished with M&G mixed 50/50.

Thanks for looking,

Josh

post-19070-0-67058000-1421437314_thumb.j

post-19070-0-48838500-1421437329_thumb.j

Josh as always your craftsmanship is great and the holster look good. However they look pretty bulky for concealed carry.

Thanks Camano! I completely agree that these are too bulky for concealed carry. They also have issues with the mag being handy for a speedy reload. I can't see me using one too much myself, maybe to transport a pistol to and from, more than actually strapping it on.

All the best, Josh

I have been asked to mak mags on the holster as well, I never see much reason in it. For concealed carry I guess the reason to carry an extra mag is if you get in a fire fight and are a bad aim you can put in a new mag. However you have to switch the gun to the weak side hand to complete the mag change. Hopefully the other guy has to change mags at the same time. I was taught to shoot back when six rounds was the max unless you had a 1911. I was taught that if you have not hit what your aming at in six rounds and they have not hit you in six rounds you might as well just throw the guns at each other.

It was what the customer wanted right? Barring their realization of the challenges presented by their design request I would expect them to be completely happy with your craftsmanship.

Not many folks get the privilege of being in a gunfight. 'Ease of access' and 'more is better'; just saying...

Very nice work but got to go with Camano Ridge and you on this one, just don't see it as that handy.

I almost made one once, . . . and had decided if I did, . . . the mag would go along the sight track, . . . up front.

Then I talked myself out of it, . . . had forgotten the whole deal until now.

But then again, . . . if the customer wants a purple holster with 8 inch yellow fringe, . . . he ought to be able to get it, . . . somewhere.

May God bless,

Dwight

Not everyone is blessed enough to have 2 hands and/or 2 arms.

I agree with some, give em' what they want. It's the nature of custom. Guy wanted this couple of months ago.

Chiefpost-6362-0-71137900-1421545670_thumb.jp

Nice work Chief!

There certainly are plenty of different views on how useful or practical these are and I agree with most of what has been said, namely 1) it's a custom order so the guy ought to be able to get what he wants. At least to some degree. And, 2) for concealed carry or speedy reloads these have several issues that make them impractical at best.

For shooting at a range or on the back 40 this might be a handy holster, or maybe not. It was just an order that I filled and I thought I'd share some pictures. As for practical and useful, this is either on par or better than other recent orders which include a western rig for a SW500, a western rig for a little Ruger SR22, a boot holster for an LCP and a chest holster for a TC Contender.

People want what they want, as long as it's not dangerous and I can figure out how to build it I'll usually take an order if they're OK to pay the price.

Thanks for looking and thanks for the feedback!

All the best Josh