AEH

What Use Are These Feet And Guides For? (Adler 108-5 Clone)

Gentlemen,

some time ago I got some good advice on selecting a motor for my Claes 214-1, an Adler 108-5 clone. (This thread: http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=59603&hl= ) . For anyone interested, I ended up buying a Jack KJ561A , and a speed reducer from Sieck . The speed reducer came to a very good price with European shipping, but unfortunately with a very long delivery time, still waiting. In the meantime I am trying to learn a bit more about the machine, as I know very little about sewing machines. This machine came with six different feet. The foot on the left in the picture was attached when I got it, and it was used by a sail maker.

I would be very grateful for advise about the intended use of the different feet, and also for the different guides.

Thanks,

Arvid

post-17777-0-76088800-1421840383_thumb.j

post-17777-0-54765600-1421840396_thumb.j

post-17777-0-65776300-1421840406_thumb.j

Your machine is rather a "clone" of the Adler 5 (not 105). I can make a lot of words but instead I will post here or send you an extract from the original Adler 4 /5 manual where a lot of the attachments are pictured and described (in German language).

Stop, I can't deal with it!! Thanks, nice information.

I always wondered why these attachments are no longer made.

@ Darren Brosowsky

f you read this - how about reproducing these attachments in India? I guess you have contacts there, right?

I think most are quite useful for leather workers. Aren´t they?

I would want them made right so I would make them here.

At the moment I have the roller guide and roller foot.

I always wondered why these attachments are no longer made.

@ Darren Brosowsky

f you read this - how about reproducing these attachments in India? I guess you have contacts there, right?

I think most are quite useful for leather workers. Aren´t they?

So how can a person copy the text from the document Constabulary posted in response #3 and paste it into Google Translate? I've tried, but for some reason can't copy it.

Would one of the computer savvy people on LW please tell us computer challenged people how to do it? I will certainly appreciate it, and I suspect others will also.

So how can a person copy the text from the document Constabulary posted in response #3 and paste it into Google Translate? I've tried, but for some reason can't copy it.

Would one of the computer savvy people on LW please tell us computer challenged people how to do it? I will certainly appreciate it, and I suspect others will also.

Basically, it is a picture, not text. (Scanned and saved as a PDF document.) It would have to be run through OCR (optical character recognition) software first to convert it to text. Then you can copy and past to google.

Tom

Northmount,

Well that makes perfect sense, thank you. Is getting and running it through the OCR software a big deal or expensive?

Northmount,

Well that makes perfect sense, thank you. Is getting and running it through the OCR software a big deal or expensive?

I'll see if it will work for me tonight. If I can find German settings in my software. I bought PDF Pro a while back. Around $100. Has worked ok for me so far.

Tom

That would be great. I'm anxious to learn the results. Thank you.

Well the converter didn't care about the language. I haven't proof read the files so there could be characters that didn't come through correctly. The PDF includes the graphics and text. You should be able to copy the text out now. In case you have problems, the text file is only text so will definitely be able to copy the text from it. You will be able to compare the text visually so you can match up with the illustrations.

Attachments.pdf

Attachments.txt

Have fun!

Tom

Tom,

That's awesome! Thank you. It copied easily and pasted into Google Translate no problem. That particular text was difficult for google to translate, however you do get the sense of what's being explained. I suspect a more technical translator would do better.

So what does a person need for their computer to be able to do a conversion from .pdf to text? My Dell is running Windows 7

Thanks Tom.

Edited by Evo160K

Tom,

That's awesome! Thank you. It copied easily and pasted into Google Translate no problem. That particular text was difficult for google to translate, however you do get the sense of what's being explained. I suspect a more technical translator would do better.

So what does a person need for their computer to be able to do a conversion from .pdf to text? My Dell is running Windows 7

Thanks Tom.

Do a Google search for "ocr abbyy finereader free download". I used it several years ago. It was being supplied with some scanners too. There are others too, search "ocr software". There is open source, etc. Most should run in Windows 7.

Tom

Fantastic!! Thank you Tom, thank you very much. Now maybe I'll be able to read those old sewing machine manuals. That's exciting. Thanks again Tom.