RoosterShooter

I Need A Source For Product Packaging

I need a source for product packaging.

I would like to go with a sealable poly bag with a hanging hole, and have a folding label stapled over the top of that. Does anyone know where I might begin looking for these items?

Thanks in advance.

I've gotten a lot of different packaging from Paper Mart ( http://www.papermart.com ). I know they have a section or two with poly bags. Their pricing is usually decent. Shipping costs can be a little screwy at times, but you can at least get the site to calculate that before ordering to see if it's going to be ridiculous.

I'd love to know what other bag and box suppliers people have had good experiences with.

Uline is a company we use at work.http://www.uline.com

Edited by BIGGUNDOCTOR

Uline tends to be a lot more expensive than other suppliers.

Example:

I sell a lot of little items and go through a bunch of zip top bags in a year.

4"x3" 2mil Reclosable Poly Bags [1000 per carton] + shipping to my zipcode

Uline...$17 per carton + $13.54 shipping = $30.54

Papermart...$7.56 per carton + $8.56 shipping (+ $3 small package fee for an order under $15) = $19.12

Same specs but 37% less. Stepping the example to 2 cartons makes an even bigger difference. uline: $48.25 vs papermart: $24.04. Uline might have a slight advantage by having a warehouse that's closer, but most of the time I can wait an extra couple days if it means a 50% savings on packaging costs. And there are probably a few dealers on ebay that are even less if someone wants to go that route.

Edited by CrazedLemming

I'll pass that info along to work. Saving money is always good.

The problem is that I need the 10" x 13" resealable Poly Bags with Hanging Hole. That's where it gets pricey. I would probably order them in the 2k lot to save money and to prevent me from running out anytime soon.

Thanks for the help. Keep them coming if you know of anywhere else.

I don't put leather in plastic sealed bags.

I make my own packaging that is similar to what you describe, mostly. All you need is some basic office things. I put little jars of leather conditioner in resealable 4 x 4" poly bags that I get at the dollar store (40 bags for $1). Label was designed in photoshop and prints 4 per page on a nice quality cardstock paper. I use a sliding paper cutter to cut the labels to size, fold them in half, and staple them over the top of the poly bag. You can easily punch a hole at the top so you can hang it.

I also would not package leather in plastic because I've had leather get mildewy after just a few months (I was storing scrap in big ziploc bags). Maybe it would be ok if you punched some holes in the bag?

post-29375-0-94347500-1422922065_thumb.j